Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March Madness

So in love with this man...

March Madness in my world...who needs basketball when you have a life with this much fun?! Haha! I can't believe it is the last day of March! Where did March go?!?! The last few months have flown by and I'm not sure if I like it. Life lately has been so wonderful & I just want to soak it all up before it passes but it seems to be passing by so fast!

Me & my beautiful mother

This past weekend, my mom came to town and we had so much fun! She flew in Friday afternoon & we spent the weekend - shopping & eating! Ha, what better way to spend our time?! We hoped to get a pedicure in but we ran out of time with all the shopping we did. Friday night we went downtown to eat at Mi Tierra & got 2 desserts, cheesecake & Mexican ice cream. The Mexican ice cream was so good! Saturday, we went to the SA Botanical Gardens for Honey B. Boutique's first photo shoot. We had such a great time! And AB did an amazing job shooting photos of our model, Miss Mallory. I am so excited to get the website up & running within the next few weeks. Just so many details & things to take care, now I completely understand when people say "owning your own business or working for yourself is harder than working a regular 8-5 job" because wow, seems like all I ever do is work! But I am loving every minute of it and God is starting to open doors I never thought would be opened. So I am very excited & so very thankful!

Love this one!


Miss Mallory

Afterward, we headed out to Helotes for old fashion hamburgers at Bobby J's, of course! Yum!! Mom & I then dropped AB off & we headed to the FLEA MARKET! There is a huge flea market right outside of San Antonio & I've been wanting to go since we've moved here but well...AB is so not into flea markets, antique stores, or garage sales. Or going to Ross for that matter! He would rather pay double the price then "dig through junk!" Ha - but that's why I love him. The flea market was somewhat closing up so we only got to spend an hour but we managed to pick up a few things while we were there. Mom got an wooden bird house for $10 that needs a little TLC but it's a good size & will go perfect in her backyard. And...I got a new (well okay really old) chest of drawers for $70! Thanks Mom!!! :) We talked them down from $120 - not too bad. It needs to be sanded down & repainted but it's solid wood & will go great in my sewing room for extra storage. And then one day will be great for a baby's room! After the flea market, we went to HomeGoods. I love that store! They have such cute stuff at great prices. Mom also bought me a new iron board cover (which I desperately needed & was going to make me one but it turned out cheaper to buy one than make one) AND a new Rowenta iron that is amazing!

my new jewel of a dresser :)

For dinner that night we decided on P.F. Chang's but it was an hour wait...an hour, really? So we went out on a limb & tried a new seafood restaurant, Thurmunz - which used to be Waterstreet Oyster Bar. We took a chance since we had never been there before but luckily it turned out to be very good! AB and I ordered an oyster bake for an appetizer and wow, so yummy! Mom and I shared the crab cakes and blackened tilapia, which was also very good. I love good seafood!!

Sunday, we didn't do much but work around the house. I sewed while mom did ALL of our laundry, cleaned the kitchen & bathrooms, and then put together a project I had for our living room wall. Once the project is complete, I will post pictures. It is an easy DIY project that I think is going to add so much to our living room. Right now I have one bare wall over our couch that is driving me crazy...but soon I'll have a wall full of well...you will find out soon enough! ;) Sunday night, we took mom to Genghis Grill. If you have one close to you & like stir-fry, you should definitely try it out. You get to "create your own bowl", it's fun & good!

Monday rolled around all too soon & it was time for mom to fly back home. I took mom to the airport around 10 Monday morning. I had such a great time with her here and can't wait for her to come back with Dad! Dad should be (fingers crossed) coming home April 25th! I am hoping they will get a chance to come see us shortly after that. We had such an fabulous weekend. I didn't want it to end! But I am so happy she was able to come & get out of the house for a bit. We had such a great time & thanks mom for everything! I am so blessed to have such an amazing mother!

Beautiful flowers at the SA Botanical Gardens

I have a busy week and day ahead of me...I have several orders I am working on & hoping to get them all shipped before AB & I head out of town for Easter. And tonight is my night to bring something sweet to our Bible study - so looks like I'll be baking today in between sewing! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend & that you are having a great week!

AB & I being silly...pretending to be taking engagement pictures, ha!

"...the reason we breathe is to sing of his glory
and for all he has done - praise the father, praise the son and the spirit in one...and all of creation sing with me now, fill up the heavens let his glory resound!" All of Creation, MercyMe

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful visit with your Momma. All that yummy food talk is making me hungry. I can't wait to see the finished chest of drawers when you get it painted. I think it is definitely a great find! Tell AB he should be a photographer. Those pics are awesome! I definitely hear you on the whole "time passing by quickly". I can't believe that Easter is in 4 days!!! Be safe in your travels & have a Happy Easter my sweet friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete