Monday, March 2, 2009

Manic Monday

Oh how I love Mondays...okay, not really but it sounded good! But I am excited about this particular Monday because today I start water aerobics! I am very excited to get in shape & hopefully lose some weight :) but I am NOT so much excited about getting in a swimsuit...yeah, not even a little bit! The city offers water aerobics 3 times a week from now until end of May (48 sessions) for ONLY $40 (the flyer said $60 BUT when I went to sign up it was ONLY $40). My only thing is I wish someone was doing it with me, I really could use an accountability partner. But I'm looking forward to it and looking forward to being skinny again! (hopefully, that's not wishful thinking)

I'm setting a goal of working out @ least 5 times a week (3 days aerobics, 2-3 days running). Lately, I've been going to run/fast-walk on the treadmill at the apartment gym and I've found that I really like running. It's kind of like an escape for me, I just hope I can keep it up. Summer will be here before I know it! But before summer is Spring Break - I thought I would NEVER get to have another Spring Break! Oh the joys of teaching!! Spring Break is in 2 weeks! I can't believe it! Feels like just yesterday that I just started working at The Ridge and now it's already almost Spring Break and soon it will be summer. While, I am looking forward to summer break I also know I'm going to miss my kids & all the fabulous people I work with. This summer I hope to get my sewing business up and running. Yesterday, I was able to get some sewing done - I made 2 blankets and Aubrey a pair of boutique bottoms. I tried out a new sewing pattern for the blankets and they turned out soooo cute!! I will post pics of them soon. Well, it's 3:30 and it's time for me to go...I'm off to get a swim suit for aerobics. Allen and I decided a bikini was NOT appropriate for water aerobics...not to mention, I'd scare everyone away in a bikini at this point but we hope to change that SOON (very soon)!

Tomorrow, we have TAKS testing and I'll be testing or should I say administrating Skylett's test...please send up a few angels & prayers for her tomorrow! I know she will do great! It's a BIG day, yet very stressful for our kiddos and for staff...I'll be glad to get it over with! After Skylett is done with her test, we'll get to play some games & relax! I really hope she does well because it will mean so much to her if she passes!!

I hope everyone survived another Manic Monday...

No comments:

Post a Comment