Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Lots of 1st - Brady

So there have been some exciting things going on around our house.  I just wanted to make note of them before I forget them.  And excuse the quality of the photos, once again they were taken with my phone.  I know I really need to start picking up our DSLR more!!

Yesterday June 5th, we tried rice cereal for the very first time!  Our first taste of "food" - and I think someone is a fan!




He ate every bite and did so as if he had been eating his whole life.  Such a smart boy!

I really wanted to wait until he was 6 months to introduce foods/solids but he has been so intrigued by our food and us eating that I finally caved.  Only 11 days before his half birthday.

He also sat in the shopping cart for the first time last week.  On Tuesday, May 29th to be exact...at the dollar store no less.  He is still a tad too little but he really loved looking at everything and it allowed me to be more hands-free.  A win/win if you ask me!





And oh I just love this boy/picture...

We got him a swing for outside, which he loves!  Puts him right to sleep...we tried it out for the first time on Sunday, May 27th.



He also insisted on holding his own bottle the other day (5/24)...

May 21st, he played with the water mat Mimi got him for the first time.


Mmmmmm...fishes taste so good!  He loves to face plant on it and bite/suck on the mat.  Such a little turkey!!

And today, he sat up all by himself.  I had him on our bed while I was getting ready, he was laying on a pillow and just pulled himself upright into a sitting position.  I couldn't believe it!  But he is getting to where if he wants something, he can maneuver his way around to get it.  I'm thinking it won't be long before he is crawling...which makes this a very sad momma!  I'm not ready for him to be crawling, or walking, or talking, or growing up for that matter, ha!

I do love watching his little mind grow and work...nothing like seeing life through the eyes of your child.  And I know it only gets better...

While we try to teach our children about life, our children teach us what life is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment