Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Our Day

There was nothing spectacular about our day, but it is one I don't want to forget.

Brady got up earlier than usual and all I wanted was sleep.  I was able to distract him in his crib for about 30 minutes but then he let me know he was ready to be up!  Ha!

This is such a fun age.  Just when I think he can't get any sweeter or cuter or funnier or steal my heart anymore - he does.  His little personality is starting to show through and it is just precious.  He is also quite the cuddler.

We tried a new breakfast food - apple yogurt oatmeal.  Typical breakfast is some kind of fruit mixed with oatmeal, but today we added yogurt.  He was a fan and it didn't seem to upset his stomach either.  Yea!  I'm hoping he is growing out of his milk/dairy allergen.

He is really into playing these days.  When he's not exploring around the house or trying to eat the dog food or trying to sneak up the stairs...he will sit and play.  I love it!  I love watching him.  The other evening we went over to Nanna and Dandy's and he came back with a tambourine.  He loves music and he knows how to play it. 



He also likes to get into the cabinets and today he found himself a real treat.  Or so he thought...

OREOS...Coco couldn't wait for her cookie. Ha!  It's like he is asking for her to "help!"  They are a mess!






This cracks me up..."don't even think about taking them away?!"
 

Him and Coco are such great friends.  Partners in crime.  He was not a happy baby when I took them away!  I just laughed, is that wrong??

After nap and lunch, we went out to see "dada" for a bit.  Always great to see him and get him out of the house.  He loves "driving" the tractor.  Such excitement for one little boy!


Once we got home, it was time nap time again.  Yea - mommy needed a nap! ;)  Me and my sweet boy snuggled up in the "big bed" and took a 2 hour nap!  I love these times with him.  Probably some of my favorites.  I know it won't be too long that he will not want to snuggle up with momma and sleep.

And I woke up to the house smell amazing!  I had put a roast in the crockpot around lunch and honestly had forgot about it.  Which is why the crockpot is one amazing invention, ha!  I actually felt rested this afternoon to make a delicious home-cooked meal.  I've been feeling so "down" lately so this was a great blessing in my day.  I ended up making homemade mashed potatoes and green bean casserole to go with the roast.  I even brewed iced tea.  And we even ate together at the table on real plates.  It was a nice little meal.  Brady even got to enjoy it.  He had green beans, bananas, boiled potatoes, and some roast.  He is really into feeding himself.  He sure is a messy eater but Reno and Coco don't mind, ha ;)

I think he's a fan!!!

Daddy said he's a real man now since he's had meat!  So silly! 

Daddy gave Brady a shower while I cleaned up.  His first shower mind you.  Haha!  Brady went down super easy and I just realized what a great day it was.  And what an amazing little life I've been blessed with.  With school starting, I was kind of bummed I wasn't back with the kiddos but thankfully God has been showing me such grace these days.  Because "my job" is here teaching Brady, loving him, and being the best mom I can be.  So while our day was nothing spectacular, it definitely is one I don't want to forget!

"Train your child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6

No comments:

Post a Comment