Sunday, April 13, 2008

Nancy's Veggies

I finally got my "crops" planted today! Okay so maybe it's not a crop but I did get a few vegetables planted in hopes of having a plentiful summer of fresh veggies! Today I planted Mountain Pride tomatoes, red bell peppers, and jalapeƱos. Allen wanted jalapeƱos and I thought they would be great to make fresh salsa with...yum! We or should say I (I'm the farmer of the family ;) Allen helps but it's more my idea and "project") still would like to plant cherry tomatoes, yellow crook-necked squash and a variety of fresh herbs. We have a wonderful patio that has just enough sunlight during the day so I'm hoping/praying for lots of veggies during summer. I thought I would share with each of you my first attempt of a "garden" so be sure to check back often for updates! Here are a few pictures of my "crop"- the one big plant on the far right is Allen's White Bird of Paradise.


No comments:

Post a Comment