Monday, February 11, 2013

Dried Beef Cheeseball/Dip

Saturday night we were headed over to some friend's for dinner and I didn't want to go empty-handed.   I ended up making this cheese ball, turned dip recipe.  My mom made it for Christmas and it was so good.

Now, I will admit had I not tried this dip before I might have overlooked it because dried beef just doesn't sound all that appetizing.  But don't let that scare you away!  I promise you will love it and so will all your guests.  Sorry for the crummy phone photos, at least I remembered to take them...

Here's what you'll need:


1 jar dried beef
1 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
3-4 green onions, chopped
onion powder

Rinse dried beef with warm water and squeeze out any excess water.  Then finely chop the beef.  Add chopped beef, chopped green onions, and a few shakes of onion powder into a bowl with cream cheese.  Mix together until all mixed in.  (use your hands or a spatula)  Then either roll into a ball or spread into a shallow dish.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Serve with crackers.


Told ya...super easy!  Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so easy and delicious! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made this for years but add chopped canned muchrooms and chopped black olives! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete