Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Drive-thru Nativity

Tonight, we took Brady to a live, drive-thru nativity scene.  A local private school put it on and it was wonderful.  It's been years since I've been a live nativity scene, probably a good 10 years.  But I was so excited to take Brady and teach him about the real reason for the season.  I didn't even think to take a camera so all I had was my phone.  Not the best quality.  But look at that angel above the stable area.  Amazing!

A babe in a manger, Jesus.


For the occasion, I dressed him in his Christmas pj's.  We made our way to the school and there was a long line, which kind of worried me since it was close to his bedtime.  But he did wonderful and I think really enjoyed it.


We streamed Christmas music through Bluetooth and let Brady hang out the window while we went through.

They offered us hot chocolate and oatmeal creme cookies to enjoy while going through the scene.  Brady LOVED the cookie!  And kept saying "mmm, mmmmm" which makes the mess it made all over the car seat worth it.



Brady waved to the all the shepherds, said "hi" and "dog" to the angels lined up along the way.  I think the students enjoyed him also.  They had to stand out there, in silence for TWO hours!  They stood in complete silence and so still.  Some almost looked fake!



It was a special treat.  It was magical.

The students did an amazing job and it was just what I need to get into the Christmas spirit.



Brady was asleep within minutes after leaving.  I hope this becomes a family tradition for us.  Can't wait to go back through next year! 


For to us a child is born, to us a son is given: and the government shall be on his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
-Isaiah 9:6 

No comments:

Post a Comment