Thursday, July 3, 2008

Domestic Diva


Sew what? I decided I wanted to get into sewing and my awesome MIL (mother-in-law) got me a brand new sewing machine that is wonderful & all mine! I just started sewing so I'm learning the basics but I plan to be a pro very soon. I want to be able to sew fun, CUTE stuff for all my nieces, nephews, gifts for friends and for my own babies one day. I'm working on sewing a straight stitch....haha, it's a little more difficult than you think. But practice makes perfect, right? Nancy (my MIL) and Mamu (Allen's grandmother) are avid sewers and I know with their help I'll be a pro in no time.

While I'm sure most of you have seen those oh so cute burp clothes online and at upscale boutiques, that was my first inspiration and project. I do not think mine are near as cute...yet! But we are working that way. I have hopes of making my own burp clothes entirely out of super cute fabric and even crib bedding one day when I get good enough. I'd like to have an online baby/children website one day where I can sell my creations :) One day I hope to get a monogramming machine...because everyone loves a personalized gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment