Monday, August 25, 2008

Summer comes to an end...

Oh how I love that man!

Today is Allen's first day back to school. And while we still have 9 months of school left, we definitely our way to the home stretch! This is Allen's third and FINAL year of graduate school...and school for that matter. I am so very proud of him and can't believe how far he has come from when we first met. He truly is brilliant at what he does and I'm so thankful that God has given him a talent as well as the opportunity to make his dreams come true! Allen really enjoyed working/interning over the summer with Jacobs. I know he is eager to finish up and hopefully continue working for Jacobs upon graduation. If all goes as planned & hoped for we will more than likely be moving to San Antonio sometime next spring. We are so excited for what the future may hold for us...

While this summer has been a wonderful one...so many things happened, so many new blessings (babies). I know I am glad to get the semester underway. Not to mention we are VERY excited as always for the fall- oh how we LOVE college football and the Fightin' Texas Aggies! It certainly is bittersweet to know this is our last football season here in Aggieland. This past Saturday while Allen and I were on our way to Austin- we talked about how we are so eager to move & start the next chapter in our lives but at the same time very sad because College Station is very much our home and has been for many years. I remember the day I moved to College Station and now it's so hard to imagine not being in the town in which defines so much of who we are. I believe Allen said it best "Sinton is where I'm from but College Station is where I grew up" ...it's been one awesome adventure and some of our greatest memories are in this town, I really hope we savor every minute/day of it this next year!

On a total different note (no pun intended)...Saturday we had the "privilege" of going to Austin to see Allen's mom play in her band (The Bubble Tones) at a private party in Austin. It was extremely hot but fun! Paul, Allen's cousin from Korea was also there. I always enjoy spending time with Allen's family and of course seeing baby Joe is always a treat! He is just a growing and is such an incredibly cute baby!!! It's amazing how fast they grow...



Such a precious little face!


Momma B and Danny





*The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.* Lamentations 3:22-23 NRSV

No comments:

Post a Comment