Sunday, April 18, 2010

Food, Friends, Babies & Fun


We have an absolutely amazing weekend! And spent lots of time with that little face...too CUTE!

It is not very often that Allen and I have a weekend with no set plans or my goodness one where where we have no where to go...out of town. We long for weekends with nothing to do. They are just so refreshing and this weekend was just what the doctor ordered. Haha! Not really but boy it sure was a great & relaxing one!

Friday afternoon, AB & I went to his sister's house to watch our niece & nephew, Joe & Ella for the afternoon. We had such a great time! We played inside, played outside, went on a walk & just had good ol' fun. Then Friday night, we met my old college friend Loryn for dinner. We sat outside on the patio, enjoyed the nice weather and live music. I just love Loryn & am so glad that even 5 years after college (eek, we're old, ha) we have continued to keep in touch.

Loryn & I at dinner

AB & I after dinner

Saturday, AB & I lounged around for most of the day. I made breakfast & then took a nap on the couch with the patio door open...it was pouring down rain all morning! We kept the patio door up pretty much all day Saturday & just listened to the rain fall. Not very often do we get a chance to sit back, relax & take in what's around us. It was so nice & relaxing! Saturday afternoon, we ran some errands & AB was so sweet to take me to Hobby Lobby to get some fabric I needed to complete some orders. He really despises HL (well any store for that matter) but he is a sweet one like that :) we also hit up Old Navy! Then Saturday night, I tried out a new recipe from Barefoot Contessa.
We had shrimp & scallops provencal, roasted brussel sprouts, mac n cheese (for AB), a bottle of wine, with strawberry shortcakes for dessert. YUM! After dinner, we watched the end of Overboard (I love that movie!) and the end of Pure Country. Oh how I heart George Strait, King of Country! It was such a great way to end the night.

Strawberry Shortcake!!!

This morning, we had plans to attend church. As our alarm was going off, AB's sister called & asked if we could keep Miss Ella for the day. AB was a bit hesitant (Ella is 5 months old) and I said of course we'd love to keep Ella for the day :) Ella's momma wasn't feeling so well & had a fever so AB got dressed & headed over to pick lil' pumpkin up! Oh...today was adventurous! You see AB wants a baby so bad. He can't wait to be a daddy! Well, today was a great experience for him. He is realizing now...napping might have to take a back seat while having a baby because well kind of hard when you need to be watching her at all times. Haha! We took her to Tar-jay & through the Whataburger
drive-thru! I managed to get her to take a 2 hour or more nap. AB said to me "I think you were born to be a momma!" ha :) thanks hun! I loooove babies!! And my mom & sister are quiet the baby whispers so I guess I know a little about babies. We also played dress-up (I know our poor daughter...), took pictures, played, cried (Ella - not us), had tummy time & one stinky diaper. Thankfully Nonnie (me) was able to take care of that since Uncle A was not. I'm telling you...we had a great time & AB learned a lot about having a baby in the house. Ha!

Miss Thing...in her little pants I made :)

Look at that precious little face!!!

Love, love her! And all the PINK!

Since I had such a fun-filled weekend, I have gotten anything done around the house. Looks like it's going to be a busy Monday for me. And tomorrow is my momma's birthday!!! Wish I lived close to her because I'd love to bake her a cake & well just spend her birthday with her.

Oh life is so rough at Nonnie's & Uncle Allen's...haha, I love it!

Well...dinner won't cook itself so I better get going. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!! I can't believe it is the middle to end of April...my goodness, time is flying!

Have a fabulous week! Much Love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment