Monday, December 15, 2014

Happy 3rd Birthday B!

Three years ago at 11:50pm, I became a mommy to a blue-eyed squishy boy.  Weighing in at 7lbs 4oz.

It was a super long day, but worth every single minute.  You barely made a peep & everyone was concerned since you wouldn't cry...if we only knew how you would have no problem expressing yourself after that first cry.

Since then you've been running the show around here.




You've been to the movies twice.  First time was to see Planes Fire and Rescue and just this past week, we took you to see Penguins of Madagascar.


You love your animals.  You are always taking care of Papa Bunny, Reno & Coco.  Love your caring heart.



B- you are one smart boy!  You love to repeat everything we say, especially daddy.  You love to tell us when we say "an ugly word" or when we aren't being nice or kind.  There are many times you'll say something to us and your dad and I will look at each other in disbelief.  Like did he really just say that?!

For instance, we were discussing something during dinner and you chimed in and said, "well that's just what I expected!"  Haha!


You are very honest and aren't afraid to speak your mind.  Daddy says you get your sass from your mama! ;)  Actually, you are a lot like your mama in many ways.  Poor daddy! ;)

You go to Mother's Day Out two days a week & I think it's done wonders for you.  You love interacting with other kids and love learning.  You've learned so many things since September.  You have also learned so many Bible stories from school and love to tell me what Pastor told you that week.

And your prayers...melt my heart!  Your daddy and I pray everyday, you'll grow up with a heart for Christ.  That you follow His ways and not those of this world.  You give the best AMEN ever after each prayer.  If we don't do it just right (arm high enough or loud enough) you are sure to correct us.  Makes me laugh!

You had your first cousin sleep-over.  My birthday weekend, you stayed the night with Aunt Cadee & Uncle Eric and threw the biggest fit that you had to go home with us!  It was pitiful but funny!  You made cookies with your cousins! :)





You have the cutest cheesy face I've ever seen!  You scrunch up your little nose & squint your eyes - just precious!!  You are also SO very funny!!!!!  You definitely got your daddy's wit & humor.  I wish I could write down every funny little thing you say.



This year was your first time on an airplane and out of the country.  You are a great little travel buddy & LOVED going on vacation.  You've already requested to go on another vacation soon.

You weigh 30lbs and wear still wear some 2T & 3T.  You wear a size 8 shoe.  But you refuse to wear any shoe other than your tractor boots.  I have to bribe you if I want you to wear any other shoe.  Most days it's not even worth the fight.

You are very opinionated when it comes to clothes.  As soon as your feet hit the floor, you want to put on your "long pants" aka blue jeans, socks, boots and a working shirt.  Wearing a belt most days is a must too.




I'll tell you that I love you and you'll respond with, "I don't love you because I'm a construction worker!"  Haha, as if construction workers can't love their mamas.

Currently your favorite shows are Paw Patrol, Rescue Bots, Toy Story 3, Mighty Machines and Legos.  You still like to watch Mickey Mouse, Agent Oso, and Bubble Guppies occasionally.  Love to hear you say Netflix, it's more like "met-licks."

Your favorite toys are tractors, rescue bots, tinker toys, Lego duplos, and anything outside or tools like shovels, trucks, dirt, hammer, and Play Doh.  You still love to read books and we try to read 3 books every night and books at naptime.

You still take naps.  I try to make you take one every day, but it doesn't always happen.  But when you do nap, you still take good 2-3 hour naps.  You still wake up once during the night to go potty.  You've been potty trained since March.

You are simply pure JOY!  We love you to pieces and still can't believe God picked us to be your parents.  It's been such an honor to be able to watch you grow, learn, and explore this grand world.  We feel so blessed each day we get to spend with you.






Happy 3rd Birthday baby boy!!!  And I know you tell me you aren't a baby anymore, but you'll always be my baby boy!  Love you so very much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment