Thursday, October 15, 2015

IF:Calallen

I recently shared on social media that I had a secret and some exciting news in the horizon. 

Over the last year or more I've praying about hosting a ladies retreat or conference. So I've prayed and seeked and prayed some more. I've started planning on 2 different occasions and each attempt failed.

In August, I started leading a group of ladies on Mondays in a bible study. They have blessed me more than they know & if I had to pick the heartbeat of ministry for myself- it would be women's ministry. 

I truly believe that our ministry will come out of our pain. It will be the very thing that we long to share with others because while it's part of our story, it's part of His story.

It is the molding & shaping of our lives, in the crucible of the fire He lifts up our faces and lavishes His love on us. In ways we never could imagine.

Everyone has a story. Everyone has a history. Everyone longs for something.

To be loved.
To be known.
To be heard.
To be noticed.
To be understood.
To be accepted.
To belong.

Community can be an amazingly beautiful thing when used to encourage and equip. To support the very being of who we are. Not a person who we think we should be, or who others perceive us to be.

Just to be.

Living in freedom of who we are in Christ. He's called each of us to this place - to walk in love with one another.

Which is why I am beyond excited to announce that I will be hosting an IF:Local this coming February.  

That's right...



IF:Calallen will be a two day event where women will gather across denominations, generations, cultures, and backgrounds to celebrate in the name of Jesus. Below is taken from the IF:Gathering page explaining what IF: is all about.

The world around us feels like it is crumbling and almost nothing seems certain, until we look to Jesus and see that our Hope is very clear and certain. He didn’t just give us salvation—Jesus is our salvation and the example of what it means to live in the fullness of grace and truth. What the world needs is His redemption, the very redemption and hope that lives inside of us. Rather than shrink back, it is time to love like Jesus loved, serve like Jesus served, pray like Jesus prayed, and pursue holiness like Jesus pursued it. This February 5-6, join this global gathering of women across denominations, generations, and cultures as we come together in the name of Jesus.

I feel so honored to be able to host this event. My prayer is God will move in our area in ways like never before. To bring woman to a place where they can live in freedom to whatever God has called them too. I am also thankful God answered my prayers about this being more than just a church event, but about community. Which is why I've teamed up with other local churches to help plan, pray, and host this event.

So I hope you'll join us & even invite a friend! You can find out more information by clicking HERE and you can register to attend the event HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment