Monday, January 4, 2010

Giving God a Year


So another year has come and gone and a new year is here! So far the year has been fast & furious. Today is the first today I've actually been able to catch my breathe & realize I am no longer in the dreadful 2009 but in a new year, with a new start. Thank you Jesus! We had a very busy Christmas and spent the few first days of the new year sick...too much to write about and I'm sure you'd rather me not bore you to death with all the details. We did have a lovely anniversary dinner down on the Riverwalk at The Little Rhine Steakhouse. One of the best steaks, ribeye steak of course, we have eaten in town. It was so nice to get out and spend time with my amazing husband & celebrate what is to come for us.

Our yummy dessert!

Speaking of what is to come...with all the trials last year presented us, Allen and I are looking at 2010 in a whole new light. We have decided this year will be a year full of great things and promises. While God's timing is not always our timing, we still believe and know that He has great things in store for us. Lately, I've been thinking about how we are here to serve God and honestly what exactly does that mean. So for 2010, we will most definitely find a church home. We have visited several churches and think we are down to 2 choices. But not only will we join a church, we will become active members in our church family. We had amazing church home in College Station but struggled in becoming an active part of the congregation. So this year, we will overcome our fears and step out of "comfort-zone" and reach out to our church family. I want 2010 to be a year that we are a vessel for His Kingdom and not just a warm body in the pew. We also will play an active role in our church, financially. Yes, I do mean tithing...it has been so easy for us to give the excuse of "we don't have enough money to tithe, we need that money for bills, etc"...but who are we kidding? We are only robbing ourselves from the blessings we know He has for us by telling ourselves that. Also, I know deep in my heart the only way to true financial peace is through tithing and putting complete trust that He will provide for us.

This year, I will also start a prayer journal. My sweet friend, Shanna suggested I do this and I think it's a great idea. I hope Allen and I can use the prayer journal to see how God is moving and working in our lives. In this new year, I will also continue to shower myself in God's word seeking His will for mine and Allen's life. If one thing that 2009 has taught me, it is to keep myself protected by God's words and not those of the enemy. May He direct our paths and open our eyes to where it is He wants us to go, rather than where it is we want to go.

So we are giving God this new year, 2010 - we are giving God a Year to show us where He wants us to go, what His promises are for us, what amazing blessings He has in store for us. In 2010, we will put Him first instead of our fears, our struggles, our worries, and our selfish wants. Fear, self pity, struggles, or worries will no longer hold us back from what is to come.

We are exchanging our fear for faith, our self pity for peace, our struggles for truth, and our worries for trust.

We are believing and trusting Him that 2010 is going to one of the best years of our lives. We know He will make something beautiful out of all our suffering.

I found a few scriptures that will be our foundation for 2010. My heart and soul is over-flowed with joy and hope...for I know He will never let go of us, no matter what waters may rise.

"God's looking after me, keeping me safe in the kingdom of heaven. All praise to him, praise forever!" 2 Timothy 4:18 MSG

"Don't be afraid," he said. "Take courage. I am here!" Matthew 14:27

"Pour out your heart like water before the face of the Lord. Lift your hands toward Him in prayer..." Lamentations 2:19

"Your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need." Matthew 6:32-33

"When the Father sends the Advocate as my representative - this is, the Holy Spirit - he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you. I am leaving you with a gift - peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid." John 14:26-27

"Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. May your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing." Psalm 143:10

We cannot wait to see God has in store for us...this year and years to come! I hope 2010 will be just a blessing to you & your family, as it is to ours.

Happy and Blessed New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Nancy! You ROCK! Let's rock out 2010! I say we start an accountability group with each other! Let's be accountability partners!

    ReplyDelete