Monday, August 1, 2011

It's a...


Aubrey & Shaylee says, it's a...

BOY!!!!!


On Monday, July 18th my mom, my 2 nieces (Aubrey & Shaylee), my mother-in-law, Allen, and myself all headed into town to find out the BIG reveal of what we were having!
It was an exciting yet very surreal moment. We decided to find out earlier than what our Dr would allow (less than 20 weeks). Patience is not our strong suit here. So I made an appointment with an ultrasound place where we were able to go shortly after 17 weeks. It worked out perfect that my mom would be off work so she drove in for the day, with Aubrey & Shaylee in tow, to be with us.
I won't lie - I totally and truly thought it was a girl. Actually Allen & I both did. For the longest time, I just knew it was going to be a girl until my last ultrasound at 12 weeks, I walked out saying, it's a boy! But hadn't really thought much more of it. So finding out it was a BOY was a completely shock/surprise to us both. And since we find out around 17 weeks & not at our actual OB office, I wanted to make sure it was a boy which was confirmed at our 19 week appointment last week.

But we are very excited that we are having a little boy! Even if it was a bit of surprise...I have decided that through this whole pregnancy ordeal that God is teaching me none the less that HE IS in fact IN CHARGE! & I control nothing! ha!


I am so glad my mom, mother-in-law, & nieces were able to experience this time with us. Aubrey was really hoping it was going to be a girl but I think she'll be just as happy with another boy cousin! :) I think it will be an experience she will most definitely always remember. After our appointment, we went to Wallbangers for lunch & Aubrey couldn't wait to call & tell her mom & dad what we were having. She sweetly asked me, "Nonnie, can I call my mommy & daddy and tell them what it is?" Ha, how could I say no...so I let her share the news for us!

After lunch, of course we went SHOPPING! My mom & the girls stayed the night so we got to chat all about baby. Mom headed out the next day, it was so great seeing & spending time with Mimi, Aubrey, & Shaylee!

I think we are going to have one spoiled, loved, blessed little boy!

Don't mind the pink... :) & it looks like I have some organizing to do!

"The LORD your God is with you,
the Mighty Warrior who saves.
He will take great delight in you;
in his love he will no longer rebuke you,
but will rejoice over you with singing.”
Zephaniah 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment