Monday, April 7, 2014

Books & the Mouse House

In attempts to update more often...here's a weekend update!

We had a busy, but fun weekend.

Friday - we had Preschool Praisers in the morning at church.  Afterwards, I wasn't really feeling going home (to do laundry, sweep/mop) so I thought we'd make a trip to the library.  I've taken B. to the library once before for story-time, probably a year ago.  He wasn't really interested and I wasn't really into forcing a wiggly 18 month old sit through the ordeal.

He is really into reading books so I thought we'd just go and maybe check out a book or two.  At least, it would be something different to do.  Lately, I've felt like we've had cabin fever.  All.day. Every.day.

We went and he loved looking at all the books.  He was on the hunt for a "fireman" book.


After the library, it was time for a little afternoon nap. Even though a certain little some one didn't was telling me "no night night!" a few minutes before I snapped this photo.  I think we'll frequent the library more often.


Saturday - we had several Easter mini sessions to do and then I had a luncheon fundraiser for a local library.  It was our lucky day!  It is a really fun event where each table is decorated based on a book and then judged.


My MIL sponsored a table and ended up winning over all best table.  She did her table about a trilogy series about dolls.  Every thing and doll was made by her or her mother or friends.  We also won 2 door prizes. 


Sunday- we went to church and Sunday school.  Afterwards we headed home to change clothes and then go get a last minute birthday gift since we had a birthday party right after lunch.  After many meltdowns due to it being naptime, being hungry, and a two year old not understanding that the present is for the persons' birthday party you are attending...we were off to drumroll....Chuck E. Cheese.  (aka mouse house)

Funny thing is earlier in the week, B saw a commercial of the "mouse house" and said, "momma, go there!"  I acted as if I didn't hear........

He thought he died and went to heaven.  He didn't even want to eat pizza OR cake!  Just wanted to play, run around, and drive the car with mouse. 

 

Luckily, he has a daddy who is a great sport at playing games, chasing him, and keeping him happy by letting him ride "the ark" 20 times or so.  We made it out of there without a major meltdown and he fell asleep on the way home.  We came home and made dinner, cleaned up a little, and got ready for the week.

Was a fun, blessed weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment