Sunday, September 14, 2008

God Bless Texas!

So Hurricane IKE takes a toll on our great state of Texas! I have been glued to the TV since Friday night watching the storm and now aftermath. Just devastating!!! My heart goes out to everyone along the Gulf Coast. I can't even imagine for 1. having to leave my home in the midst of a massive storm headed towards the coast, 2. not having electricity, gas, food, WATER readily accessible (all things we most definitely take for granted), 3. once the storm as passed now being allowed to return to your home, and 4. the UNKNOWN of when you will be allowed back into your home, what will be there when you do, AND what comes next?

My mom & dad decided to "shelter in place" as well as Kara, Madyson, Maddox, Laura, and my cousin Heather decided to ride out the storm at my parents. While my parents were extremely blessed and fortunate that their house was spared other than some large limbs in the yard. THANK YOU LORD! They are still without power but everyone is safe and that's what is most important! My dad does have a generator so they have limited power but no air.

On the other hand, my sisters' home in Spring was not as fortunate. A tree fell on her home and there is extensive damage to the 2nd story with a great amount of water damage to both floors. The other home we are worried about is my Aunt Judy and cousin Heather which is in the Bacliff area located right off Dickinson Bay (directly off of Galveston Bay). While being glued to the TV, ABC channel 13's SkyEye went over which I believe is my Aunt Judy's home and it was STILL there! So hopefully that will be the case when she gets to go back home.

It amazes me how powerful mother nature can be! Just really unbelievable!! While I'm very thankful each of my family members and friends I know in that area are safe, but my heart still breaks for all those effected by Hurricane Ike. I am so thankful to be part and live in such a great state such as Texas. Please remember to lift up and pray Texas and all those effected by this massive storm, as well as my sister and Aunt Judy & Heather.


"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand....For I am the Lord, who says to you, DO NOT FEAR; I WILL HELP YOU!" Isaiah 41:10, 13

No comments:

Post a Comment