Sunday, September 21, 2008

Sunday News

Seems like I haven't had much time to sit down and write since I started work. I have some free time so I thought I'd give a somewhat quick update of what's been going on... Yesterday I returned from a 2 day conference in Fort Worth, where I learned so many new things and it really was another affirmation to me that this is exactly where God wants me at this point in my life. I could go on forever about the conference and all the amazing things I learned but I really don't want to write a novel so I'll just say it was one of the best experiences I have ever had at a conference. Dr. Becky Bailey founded Conscious Discipline and she is one amazing teacher and person. I am so thankful I was able to be apart of her experience & conference!

Having some fun at the conference!

IKE Update: Mom and Dad are still without power BUT hopefully sometime at the beginning of this week, power will be restored. They are doing great despite not having power and thank God daily for sparing their house during IKE. Kara on the other hand is still trying to clean up the mess IKE left at her house, as well as Judy & Heather...please continue to keep them in your prayers!

Allen's Grandmother- MAMU:
Mamu was in a bad car accident on Friday- so please lift her up in your prayers as well as Allen's mom. Mamu will have to have extensive amount of surgeries and therapy before she will be able to walk again. This has been an extremely hard year for Mamu...in May her house burned and she is still in the rebuilding process, also in mid-summer she had a mild heart attack. It will be a very long road to recovery and I just ask that you keep Mamu in your prayers for a fast healing but also for Nancy (Allen's mom) as she endures this long process with her mother. She will need the Lord's strength as well as ours to help carry Mamu through.

JOE Update:
Cadee called today to share the exciting news that Joe rolled over today for the first time! He rolled from his stomach to his back :) so hard to believe in 4 days Joe will be 3 months old. They grow so fast!!

WORK Update:
While I'm very much enjoying my job at the school, I am so excited to see what the future holds for me. When I think of the state I was in while at Sanderson Farms and to FINALLY be able to enjoy what I do for a living and be excited about it, is truly a blessing from above! God not until continues to show me his grace & mercy but also that when we put our complete trust in him- oh how he will move mountains for us! This is has been such a libertating experience and has definitely made me only want to seek what else He has in store for me.

I hope everyone has a fabulous week! Much Love!!

...And I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm...


No comments:

Post a Comment