Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hump day

3 days until Spring Break...woo-hoo!!! While I am very excited about having a week of rest & relaxation, I'm also very afraid it's going to go by way too fast! I haven't posted anything in a while so I thought I would write a short post while I had time.

Nothing really exciting has been going on in our lives! Allen is working on his huge final project and I am just working, working, working. The new time change is starting to catch up with me! Allen did order his cap & gown, as well as a "hood" this week, yay!! Graduation should be such an exciting time and while we are so thankful grad school is almost over...we are also very anxious about what is to come after! We still have no job offer from anywhere nor do we have really even have a job prospect. Allen applied for 3 positions with City of College Station and one of them has already been filled. So we are down to 2 jobs there and still a possible job offer from Jacobs (if they ever get any work!!). But we are very thankful that school for Allen will soon be over - he is so ready to get out there & make his own impression. While it's hard thinking about the future when it is unknown, I do know things will work out and we just have to keep believing that. So much easier said than done, right? This is such an important time for us in our walk with Christ. I am trying very hard to shift my focus to a time of thanksgiving - instead of a time of dismay. I am hoping soon we will see a light at the end of the tunnel and soon I'll be able to understand this path in which we are being taken down. I know God has great plans in store for us and I know we must walk through a valley to fully appreciate the mountain top. I am really trying to rejoice in today and what we have now instead of looking towards what's ahead. I am so very excited to see all of what God has planned for us...but until that moment, I'm excited and ready for spring break! Being a teacher really is a great thing :) Allen and I are going to get to spend an entire week with each other!! I know he is super excited! :) Hopefully, I can catch up on some rest & get LOTS of sewing done! Reno will also throughly enjoy spending lots of time with us...he is spoiled rotten! But we love him :) I thank you all for your prayers during this time and I'm so thankful for amazing family & friends!

"Your word is a lamp into my feet and a light into my path."
-Psalms 119:105

No comments:

Post a Comment