Friday, December 4, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Christmas Trees

This week over at Kelly's Korner: Show Us Your Life - it's all about Christmas Trees!

”Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner”

If I could only have ONE Christmas decoration it would have to be my Christmas tree. Since I was a kid, I loved helping mom decorate the Christmas tree. Mom always made sure our Christmas tree looked beautiful, as well as meaningful. As a child our tree was decorated with ornaments that mom specially picked out for each of us kids. Mom has been giving us 4 kids an ornament each year for Christmas that reflects us as a person for as long as I can remember. It is so neat to go home and see all of the ornaments from our childhood and what they each represent. She always write our name on them with the year so we never forget. Now that we are all have a home & tree of our own she gives us the ornaments to take home to put on our own tree. It's such a neat tradition and one I plan to carry on with my family.

One day I hope to have several Christmas tree (when we live in a bigger house). I love decorating the Christmas tree and I love how it glows in our home. I don't have a "theme" for our Christmas tree....I just decorate it in all things I like! One day I'll have a themed tree but for now, here she is...

I love snowmen!

This year I added the big red, glittery picks.

Our Christmas tree 2008
I added feather picks (which I love) and lots of B's for our my new last name.

My ornament for this year. Mom knows I love to bake & I love cupcakes! Especially her homemade carrot cake ones, yum!

One of my mom's Christmas tree - it's a theme of Jesus! Stars, angels, the wise-men, animals, all things from the birth of Jesus, trimmed in sliver & gold. It's beautiful!

Everything I learned about decorating a tree I learned from my momma...and we believe you can never have too much on a Christmas! The more, the better!!


3 comments:

  1. Your tree is so fun! I love the feathers! Christmas blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tree! The feathers really make it pop! So unique and fun :o)
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! That cake stand with cupcakes ornaments is so cute I can't stand it! Any idea where it's from?

    ReplyDelete