Friday, November 6, 2009

Faithful Fridays

While I am currently struggling with finding a job, financial burdens, stress of the Holidays coming up, wondering when He will answer my cries of help, and honestly being selfish because I feel like I "need" all the things everyone else has or what society tells us we should have. I don't think anyway or I know I don't truly "need" anything. I have more stuff than my little house can even fit. The real truth is there are people in this world who don't have the comfy bed I sleep in every night, don't have running water to take a shower OR bath- whichever we wish to take, or electricity (and yet we panic when the electricity goes out for minutes during a thunder storm), nor clean clothes or even a pair of shoes (I am ashamed at the number of shoes I have)...my point is that while I've been SO busy with my own concerns/wants/needs - there are so many people who have so little yet still have greater faith than which I do. Joyce Meyer says faith is deposited in the spirit. Faith is a force that comes out of the spirit, and it can accomplish great things, but faith must be released to be of value. Releasing our faith can be so difficult...but why, why do we not listen to Him when is trying to tell us to cling to Him, have faith! Jesus tells us in Luke 5:4 "Launch out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch" I love that!

It's time to lower our nets into the deep waters of our souls, not in the shallow, safe part of the water (where I admit I am & have been) but into the deep unknown waters...essentially we have to leave the shallow places of your own soul (what we think and feel) for the the deeper life in God...what we know deep down inside.

It is so sad we are almost clueless to how good we have it. I am almost ashamed that I take so many things I have for granted, yet I still want "more, more, more." My blogging friend, Tammy over at My Heart...His Words helps an orphanage in Romania and after reading their story, I thought to myself what is wrong with me, I have been so ungrateful. Click HERE to read their story. Tammy and I have never met but I follow her blog and have been so touched by her words...if you can can help in ANY way, please do! You can email her at tammynischan@yahoo.com or email me at mrsnancyb@gmail.com

"Blessed are you poor, for yours is the kingdom of God. Blessed are you who hunger now, for you shall be filled. Rejoice in that day and leap for joy! For indeed your reward is great in heaven." Luke 6:20-21, 23

No comments:

Post a Comment