Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Grateful Heart


I have SO much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. But while I am so very thankful for all the blessings I have such as:

- an incredible husband who loves me regardless of my faults, insecurities, & well all those crazy moments I have
- a mom and dad that have showed me what it means to love, fight for each other, and never give up on each other (they just celebrated 35 years of marriage & have built a life most envy)
- my brothers & sister (who I don't see often enough but I do think about them often)
- all of my family and friends
- all my nieces and nephews (being an aunt is such a wonderful blessing)
- for the trials & struggles I do face
- for God's mercy and grace
- for knowing there is no problem too big for my God
- that I live in America, home of the free
- for our soldiers who fight so bravely so that I may have my freedom
- and because I have a place to go home for Thanksgiving to fellowship, laugh, hug family members, watch Aggie football (btho tu!), and eat a ridiculous amount of food.

But as Thanksgiving approaches my heart is heavy for those who are less fortunate, who don't have family to fellowship with, for the families who are struggling financially and may not be able to afford a Thanksgiving feast or have had a recent lay-off, families who are homeless, families who are without food, for the elderly & widowed, for others who are struggling with depression and the uncertainty of what is to come...

So while we are going here and there, cooking, visiting - I ask that you please don't forget the ones who are in need of HOPE this Thanksgiving. Without HOPE, there is nothing. Hope is the foundation of which faith is built upon. I urge you to really look in your "store-house" and see what tools you have that can help give someone HOPE this Thanksgiving & Christmas season.

Be a light into this world...as Jesus is a lamp into our path.

May you have a very Blessed & Happy Thanksgiving!
And may the AGGIES beat the hell outta t.u.!

No comments:

Post a Comment