Tuesday, March 16, 2010

My life - one day at a time!

So I live a rather boring life. Day in, day out...I struggle to find that "perfect balance" between living life & actually letting life pass me by. I am a huge procrastinator! I wish it was not true but ohh it is. I think I come by it honestly, after all I am a Meador. Since I have not had a real "job" since moving to San Antonio - my lack of motivation has significantly decreased. Before moving here, I guess I defined myself by whatever title I held in a job or whatever job I was doing at that moment. I have always held a job and have always had a title - in the workplace.

But clearly that is not the case anymore...my job title today is housewife, Allen's care-taker, boutique owner, and the most important child of the King!

Don't get me wrong...all my life I have wanted to be a housewife & a stay-at-home mom. I enjoy taking care of our home and taking care of Allen. The only problem is...being home all day has no structure! And well, let's be honest - this girl needs structure! When there is no structure, I crumble. I tend to put things off. I let all the things on my to-do list never get done. I bury my head in the sand. I do these things and then lay in bed with my mind spinning of all the things I need to do! It's just not healthy & I am tired of not having structure.

But never fear...where there is a problem, there is a solution (most of the time). To bring order to my life...I will now keep a strict daily schedule. I created this schedule & think it turned out so cute and inspiring! I first thought of getting a day planner but well, those are aren't all that fun plus more money than I'd like to spend. I spent the good part of this morning downloading cute fonts. If it's cute & spunky, I'll be more excited about my day. Or so that's what I hope! Do any of you keep a daily schedule?!

What do you think of my daily schedule? Pretty cute, huh?!
(click on the schedule/photo to see it up close)

Through this process, I have learned so many things about myself and about what the world wants you to think. No one person's character or life is determined by their job title. Most people don't even care for their job. Most people wish they could spend more time with the ones they love, rather than spend it at work. The thing is that I went to college so I could get a degree and make money. Clearly God had other plans for me. Yes, I did graduate from the best university ever, Texas A&M (whoop!), I met AB there, I created memories & friends that I will have for the rest of my life. But the truth is - I don't want to be remembered for the job title I held OR for the job I have or had. The time I have been able to spend at home this past year with AB has been one of the greatest blessings yet. Even with all the hell, we have gone through - it still has been such a blessing. I often think what if I had job...would I've been able to take the time off for all the funerals, would I be able to eat lunch with AB everyday, spend every Friday afternoon with him? And while I have been in a dark, deep valley - I can feel the clouds lifting and I know God has such wonderful things in store for us! I am starting to believe and see it was God protecting me this whole time - allowing me to be at home, rather than out in the world for all to see my pain and grief. Oh how He loves us...

Spring is becoming one of my most favorite seasons. Yesterday, while AB & I drove from Odem to San Antonio...all the beautiful wildflowers were blooming. Made me so happy & refreshed! We are hoping for a beautiful weekend so we can get out & take some photos of the beautiful Texas wildflowers.

"and you should feel the sun in the spring comin' out after a rain suddenly all is green, sunshine on everything- I can feel it now...and how could such a king
shine His light on me and make everything beautiful...cus I got nothing of my own to give to you but this light that shines on me shines on you
& makes everything beautiful, again." Stars, David Crowder Band

After a dreadful fall & winter at the Blissful Beyer's, God is beginning to make all things new and beautiful again!

1 comment: