Saturday, January 1, 2011

Cake Batter Bark


Happy New Year Y'all!!!

While I'd love to take credit for this...I cannot.


I have to give all the credit to How Sweet It Is.

I did however not follow the recipe exactly - for 2 reasons. For one, I never follow a recipe. Something inside me just can't follow a recipe down to a tee. It's like the rebel in me comes out when cooking. And when you decide last minute to make something, hmm on Christmas Eve - let's just guarantee the 3 stores I go to are going to be out of the ingredients needed. Therefore, I improvised.

Either way it goes...you must try this recipe!

How Sweet It Is Recipe

So I'm sure you are wondering how I changed the recipe. Well, I could not find enough white chocolate so I used white chocolate AND almond bark. And my family frowned when I was going to use DARK chocolate so I used chocolate almond bark instead. My bark turned out really rich. Super sweet! I also melted probably double the chocolate than needed.So I am thinking stick with the dark chocolate. It will tone down the richness of the white chocolate. Oh & I could not find yellow cake mix so I used white cake mix instead.

All in all, I thought it was delicious & the little people in my life (nieces & nephew) enjoyed helping me make it. And enjoyed eating it.

So pretty & festive...I mean who doesn't love sprinkles?!

No comments:

Post a Comment