Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Waiting...

Seems like I do a lot of waiting...
I guess it is just a part of life.

Waiting for this to happen, waiting for this to pass, and so on.

This week is somewhat of a hectic, stressful one.

And let's just say I don't do stress well.

I have had a ton of things going on at school - meetings, trainings, benchmark testing, observations, & now more things required for my certification. Ugh! And not to mention we are still on hold, waiting for all the house stuff to go through. Buying a house is exciting yet so draining!

Lately, I have been thinking about how all I ever wanted to be was a teacher and yet now that I am a teacher - I am still not fulfilled.

Why?!

K-Love is doing this thing where you pick ONE word for the year. And I have yet to pick my word...another thing to add to my to-do list. But one I am looking forward to because I am ready for Him to show me something new!

I am praying for my ONE word - as I just can't decide as this point. And tomorrow I start another Beth Moore bible study and I canNOT wait!

I truly need the down time and the time to worship. I miss my worship/quiet time now that I work. And I am excited about meeting other ladies at our church.

I am so thankful for my job but also feel like God is telling me...wait, there is so much more!

So while I wait...
"I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait"

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."
Matthew 11:28-30, The Message

Are you waiting for anything??

1 comment: