Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

We had a wonderful, relaxing Labor Day weekend. I am sad to see it end. Back to the real world tomorrow...boo!

Friday when I got home, I had some very special visitors - my parents!!! I was so excited they were here for the weekend. It was my dad's first time to visit & see our new house. We didn't have much planned for the weekend except my mom wanted to go to Fermin's & eat real mexican food. Over 10 years ago, when I was in high school we used to frequent Fermin's on a regular basis & lucky for us, it's still around & the cheese enchiladas are the best!! Needless to say, we ate wayyy too much!

Excuse the no make-up or hair fixed

Saturday, we all got dressed & ready to head to Rockport. We stopped & had lunch at the Railroad Seafood Station here in town before heading out. We were on the hunt for a dresser for the baby's room but no such luck. We did find a few antique stores to browse thru. We then headed into Corpus to look at a few more places than to Sam's Club for a few things we needed around the house. For dinner, we decided to have Railroad Seafood Station AGAIN for dinner, ha! But this time it was all about the fried shrimp! They have the most delicious fried shrimp around, family style! And of course, we topped it off with a special treat from DQ! It's what you do when you live in a small town :) (I have more pictures on my phone if they will ever upload, ugh!)


Sunday, I made lunch for us & we pretty much just hung around the house. And Sunday was the day we've been waiting for, for quite some time now...after all it was finally college game day for us AGGIES!!! The Aggies were playing Sunday night so Allen smoked a brisket, mom made her potato salad, I made baked beans & we had lots of dips for the game!! Allen's parents came over, along with his sister & her 2 kids. We had a house full & some delicious food!! And to make things even better...the Aggies BTHO (beat the hell outta) SMU!!

Allen enjoying the Aggie game

My parents left Sunday night since my dad had to drive to Oklahoma for work. It was so nice having them here! Wish they could come more often! I'm sure once B. gets here, they will ;) Mom did help me hang up a few things around the house, get Brady's closet somewhat organized & a few other things done around the house.

A few more things on the wall, thanks to my momma! I'm so undecided about where to hang things. AB did hang the curtain rod for me, now I just have to finish sewing the curtains. I have one panel almost done & another one somewhat started. Lots of projects to do!!

My mom "Mimi" also brought B. this cute little ditty...

a farm stacker from PBK. Isn't it the cutest?!

Also Friday I was 24 weeks/6 months! I will get my 24 week post up tomorrow.

Hope you all had a happy & safe Labor day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment