Sunday, July 15, 2012

Brady's Nursery

Only about 7 months late but I finally put the finishing touches on Brady's room.  I still need to hang his curtain (that I still need to make) but for the most part it is complete and I couldn't be happier with the way it turned out.

It is by far my most favorite room in the house.  When I found at I was pregnant, I knew I didn't want a themed room and I knew I wanted something calming/serene.  I found the inspiration for his room here.  I wasn't completely in love with the bedding but I did love the fabrics and I had told myself years ago - when I had a baby I'd make his/her bedding.  Which is why I love Carousel Designs so much because they give you the option of buying the fabrics so you can make/customize your bedding.





I knew I didn't want a matching crib, dresser, etc.  I went with a non-traditional changing table/dresser.  I loved that his dresser could one day double as a buffet or another piece in our house.  It is an old buffet that we had it custom painted and I loved the way it turned out! 




We originally were going to do the rain gutter book shelves but while at Home Depot decided to go with wood ones instead.  AB used 2 pieces of trim, that were 8ft long and he cut half, screwed the smaller trim to the front, sanded then painted them.  We used the same color spray paint on those as we did the 2 little shelves on the opposite wall.  The wreath I made while on bed rest and it hung on the door at the hospital.  


Some of our favorite books - Goodnight Aggieland, I Love You Because You Are You, I Ruff You, and of course all the Sandra Boynton board books!  I was actually surprised how many books the shelves were able to hold.




We've had these 2 shelves for years and I have never hung them. They were a dark brown, we spray painted them and then lightly sanded the edges for a distressed look.  Love Brady's coming home gown hanging in his room and some of his first shoes.

On top of his dresser/changing table.  I love this lamp, especially when turned on at night!  My mom got it at TJMaxx or Marshall's, can't remember which one.

We have had music in Brady's room since we brought him home from the hospital.  My parents got me this radio/iPod/CD player a few years ago for my birthday and it has worked perfect in his room.  I highly recommend a radio/CD player of some kind in a nursery and one with a remote!  My mom got the shadow box at HomeGoods.  I made the burlap "B" board, it's a cork/magnet board.





My MIL and I made the crib bedding.  Turned out perfect!!  I also made the pendent banner.  The frame was a steal from an antique store, we added the chicken wire and banner.



I love the new photos that flank the window.  Those were  one of the first things I bought.  You can find them on Etsy.  We have the fox and elephant from the Royal Menagerie collection.  I still love these!



Every aspect of his nursery has special meaning.  Which might be why I love it so much.  Every thing I put in there was either a special gift or meaningful.  Like the rocking chair, was given to me from my mom.  That was the rocking chair she nursed me in.  She had it recovered to match the bedding.  And lately I've been spending lots of time in that chair during the wee hours of the night, realizing how incredibly blessed we are.

Thanks for stopping by & taking a tour of B's room!

No comments:

Post a Comment