Tuesday, July 17, 2012

7 Months

Yesterday, Brady turned SEVEN months old!  And it was either straight denial or I was in la-la land because it totally slipped my mind.  I realized it today and felt as big as a crumb ;)
 You weigh between 16.5lbs or 17lbs (I'll weigh you tomorrow).
You wear 6-9m clothes.
You wear a size 3 diaper.
You are still nursing every 3-4 hours.  I have started feeding you baby purees 2-3 times a day, mixed with rice cereal or oatmeal.  So far you've had carrots, butternut squash, peas, sweet potatoes, bananas, apples, mango, cantaloupe, and pumpkin.  You love carrots, mango, and pumpkin.  Some days you eat better than others.
You have 2 teeth on the bottom and 2 teeth coming through on the top.  They have already broken the gums so I'm thinking in the next few days, we'll be seeing 4 teeth.
You are one BUSY little boy!  You are 100% mobile now.  You do more army crawling than regular crawling but you definitely can get anywhere you want and fast.  I spend the majority of my day "re-directing" you.  You love to crawl to the trash can, vacuum or broom if it's out, and to really anything that is considered "off limits!"  You are definitely keeping this momma busy!  When you aren't on the floor, you other favorite place to be is in the "johnny jump-up."  You just squeal with delight and laugh so much when in that thing.

You also love to stand, pull up on things.  Makes me nervous that you will be walking soon...
Because of you pulling up on things (i.e. the side of your crib), a few nights ago we had to lower your crib mattress.  Which made mommy so sad!  You are growing up way too fast!
You also have no fear.  So far you haven't met a person or thing that you are afraid of.  You love dogs and you love people.  You love going to ride the tractor with daddy.


We are amazed at how "intrigued" you are.  You don't miss a thing!  You notice every little detail and if something changes you notice.

For instance, we bought you a Taggie blanket.  I kept noticing you always grabbing for the tags on your toys.  I handed you the Tag blanket and you thumbed through a few tabs and stopped at the actual tab.  Mimi and I just laughed.  

You love music and love to sing.  Today when I walked into your room, there was music on you started "singing/jabbering" and when we walked out, you stopped.  I got so tickled.  When you are awake in the car, you normally hum/sing.


 I tried getting your normal crib pictures but you are way too busy for that, ha! 
Speaking of the car...you've gotten so much better!!  You hardly ever cry and if you do it's because you are hungry/tired.  Mommy even took you for a road-trip by herself...all the way to Houston and you did exceptionally well.  But you still love daddy's truck better than mommy's for some reason.
I'd love to say you are a sleeping through the night...but that would be a lie.  You typically wake up at least 2 times a night, sometimes more.  But you have gotten so much better at napping and you rarely ever fight nap-time, which is wonderful!  You are taking 2 naps a day now and fairly long naps (sometimes 3 hours).  Which I'm loving!  You also love to take a nap in mommy & daddy's bed.


You still love bath-time.

While this stage requires more physical work, I love watching you grow and explore.  I love to watch you when you don't know I'm watching.  Sometimes you will just study something for a good while.  It is so neat to see the way you look at things in this big world.  Or the things you notice.  Just amazes me!
You are such a delight!  Everyone always comments on how good you are.  You have the sweetest spirit and I pray everyday that you will stay that way.  You hardly ever meet a stranger.  We couldn't ask for a more precious boy!  We love you more and more each day and you are world.  Many times at night, AB and I will say to each other "gosh I love that boy!"  We are so thankful that God picked us to be your parents! 

Now only if you'd stop growing so quickly... :) I can't believe it's been 7 months since we welcomed you into this world!  We love you sweet boy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment