Sunday, August 26, 2012

Canyon Lake Weekend

The weekend of August 10-12th, we made a trip up to Canyon Lake.  My parents rented a house for the week and AB finally got some much needed time off so Friday we loaded up and headed north.

We had our family reunion back in June, which I still need to blog about up around Canyon Lake.  My parents loved the area/lake so much they decided to do their vacation there and invited all of us kids and grand kids.  All two brothers and their families had gone up earilier in the week, but had to leave before we made it there.  I was sad I didn't get to see their families but was glad we got to par-take in a little of the fun.
We got there Friday just after lunch.  Everyone was already on the boat so we changed clothes, lathered up with sunscreen, and headed to the boat ramp.



Where we stayed had daily visitors.  The kids loved feeding them.



 Brady and daddy fed the deer too.

Friday afternoon we weren't on the water but maybe an hour when a storm blew in.  So we spent our time playing inside.




I was dying to get on the water!  Someone is a little water bug too!


Brady got a treat every evening by getting to take his bath in the kitchen sink.  He loved it!
 
Our last night there we made homemade ice cream.  My dad had been wanting to make it all week.  It was so yummy!!


On our way out...back to reality!
We stopped and had lunch before we all went our separate ways.  We stopped at place that had a home cooked food buffet.  It was delicious and clearly I took full advantage of it!  Ha!!


Brady also took advantage of the buffet...mmm broccoli and carrots!
We had an early birthday celebration for my dad while there.  My niece wanted us all to play "pin the tail on the donkey" and it actually was a LOT of fun!  We laughed so hard...I'd like to say Madyson and I tied. Ha :)

We had a great time and loved seeing family!  So thankful my parents plan these type of get-to-gathers for us.  Such a nice little retreat!

The rest our just random pictures of our weekend.  Sorry for picture overload!!





No comments:

Post a Comment