Sunday, August 26, 2012

What we've been up to...

So lots has happened or gone on since I last blogged.  Meaning blogged about life...


Brady is so busy these days!  Crawling, pulling up, talking (jabbering) up a storm, and just being insanely cute and sweet.  This stage definitely is more physical but I am loving it.  It is so amazing to see the world through your child's eyes.

We had a super busy weekend.  Brady went to his 1st birthday party.  It was a pool party for one of my friends little girl who turned 5.  We were extremely late which I was so embarrassed about but with an 8 month old, life just doesn't go as planned.  But we did make it to the party to drop off a gift and say hi.  Brady was super crabby on the way there and didn't want anyone to hold him.  I noticed on our way home that he has another tooth trying to come through.  Well that would explain some of it...and the fact that he didn't get a good afternoon nap.  After the party, we went over to our friends house for brisket, rice and beans.  Yea for a free meal and one I didn't have to cook.  Ha!  The boys talked football while the girls talked babies :)

Then today we had intentions of going to church this morning but this momma could not get out of bed, hold her eyes open, etc.  And when I finally woke up I was in the worst mood (thanks Satan!) and just so "sick and tired!"  Lately, I've been so tired I can't even think straight.  All I want to do is SLEEP!!  My house is a wreck, laundry needs to be done, and all I can think about is when am I going to get to rest.  Anyone else feel this way??

I needed church today and I needed an attitude adjustment.  Life is definitely been dragging me down lately...more on that in another post.  Maybe.

Today we also had a baby shower for some sweet friends of ours.  Essentially for Brady's BFF, Carter.  I will be watching him once his momma goes back to work - which I'm nervous about because I'll 2 little ones during the day and excited because oh I'll have another baby to love on!  I won't have him every day so that is a plus!  So it's more of a part-time gig.  I hope Brady will be loving his new friend and it will be good interaction for him.

Sadly, I didn't get ONE picture of the birthday party or the shower...boo!  This is just how life is at the moment...fast and no pictures, ha!

Take that back...I did get ONE picture after we left the party.  Brady fell asleep not even 5 minutes after we left.

I have been super busy sewing and ordering new stuff for Honey B.
I just ordered 20 shirts that should be here this week for an a huge order I have.  Talk about overwhelming!  But it allows for some extra money which is a good thing, right?  Here a few things I've been working on...

 A lot of spirit shirts!  I love how these turned out.

 And this was for a gift for someone.  They requested this verse on a waffle weave blanket.  I thought it turned out so great!

 I also took a friend to Houston last week for a doctors appt.  It was a whirlwind trip but a good one.  I hope to blog about that tomorrow...

But in other exciting news - Brady slept last night from 9pm until 5:30am.  Oh sweet sleep!  Actually the night before he did really great too, only waking up once.  I'm hoping he is getting this sleeping through the night thing down because this momma sure could use some sleep ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment