Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Oh my word!  It's been over a month since I last posted.  Hello, life with an almost 17th month old and a part-time workin' (sewing) momma...

I miss blogging so very much!  I'm not sure how to fit it into my hectic schedule...but I am working on figuring that out & so I'm taking a few minutes while B. naps to record the wonderful Mother's day I had.


We started it off by going to church and thanking the gracious Lord above for the rain.  We've been in a severe drought and yesterday it poured down rain.  The grass & the birds were so happy!  Before church, Brady gave me a card & 2 gifts I'll treasure forever!  A mother & son Willow Tree figurine and this masterpiece that him & his daddy made me.
I plan to hang this in our bedroom on my side of the bed to let it be a reminder of how loved I am.  To B...there is no one like "mom-ma!"


After church, we decided we'd grill hamburgers for dinner so we made a quick trip to H-E-B then ran across the street for some fine dining at KFC.  There aren't many eating options around us anyway and the last thing I wanted to do was fight the crowds or wait on a meal.  So we had KFC buffet and it was perfect.  Nothing fancy, just greasy :)

Mmm, hush puppies in the mouth are yummy!

We then did a little bit of cleaning and enjoyed more of the rain.  I also made a new pie recipe and put it in the freezer to chill.  If you've never made Millionaire Pie...I suggest you make it for your next gathering.  It was easy & sooo good!

This little guy would agree as he got to lick the beaters...for the first time ever!

Calories don't count on Mother's day, right?!?!

That evening we had Allen's parents and his grandmother over for hamburgers, chips & dips, and PIE!!!  AB did a great job grilling the burgers & I enjoyed having people over. It's been a good while since we've had anyone over for dinner.  Hence the no time, a messy house, & a toddler!

I ended the night by dying my hair a reddish color.  Ha!  With the help of AB.  We haven't laughed so hard in such a good while.  That was my pampering for the day.  As you can tell from these photos...I was due for a hair color.  And I really need a haircut...such as life as a mom.
He gives the best hugs ever!  These are the moments I want to hold on to forever.

I can't help but look at these photos and realize how truly blessed I am to have the title "mom" or as B says "mom-ma" - it is most definitely one of the hardest jobs I've ever had but it is also the most rewarding.  And my gosh how quickly do they grow?!  

Everyday I am in awe of his little mind and the things he says or does.  I can't help but look at him and see God's handiwork.  What a masterpiece He has created in us and in His/our children.



the red marks on his cheeks are from my lipstick :)

I also can't help but thank my own mother for being the amazing woman she is.  Raising four children deserves a medal!  All traveling in a travel trailer the first few years of our lives...so my dad could provide for us.  And to do it with such grace and never complaining.  She revolved her world around us kids and I can't thank her enough for that.  For raising us to be who we are today.  She should be so proud of herself and of the children, now adults she has raised.


Mom - Mimi...we love you!  I look up to you in some many ways and I hope my kids will look back and see the kind of mom I see when I look at you.  One that gave everything to her kids, that went without so her kids could have, and one who was brave enough to stand up for us when no one else would.  And one that loved us well.  Loved us more than anything on this earth.

I love you mom!  I am so thankful God picked you to my mom, He knew you were born to be just that...a mother and now a mimi.  No greater love than that!

I'm also thankful to have a mother-in-law who loves me and does so much for me.  She also raised an incredible son that I get to call my husband.  I can't thank her enough for him and all that she does for us, which is a lot!  We love you Nanna B or Neena as B says :)

God has truly blessed me beyond what I can imagine as far as mothers go!


No comments:

Post a Comment