Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Chicken Salad

Earlier in the week (last week) I baked a whole cut-up chicken for dinner and we had lots of left-overs. Left-overs are great but can get boring after a few days!

I'm not typically a chicken salad kind of girl (okay I do love HEB's chicken salad but it is a bit pricey) but the other day I had decided I would try making my own with the left-over baked chicken. Well, it turned out better than I expected! Actually I really liked it & was rather proud of myself. Ha! So I'd thought I'd share my own made up recipe with you - which really is I am sure like most traditional chicken salad recipes but since I don't have any other recipes here how I made MY chicken salad.


Nancy's Chicken Salad

2 whole baked chicken breast, chopped
2 green onions, sliced
1-2 ribs of celery, finely chopped
1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard or whole grain mustard (I used whole grain b/c it is what I had)
A few shakes of dried dill or fresh dill
Mayonnaise to your liking (I used about 3/4 cup)
Black pepper

Mix all ingredients together & serve!


Very simple & delicious!

I did not salt mine because I had already seasoned the chicken when I baked it. But I did top mine with "Dinkle" our favorite seasoning that our sweet friends give us from their BBQ restaurant. I ate mine with Ritz crackers & a few celery sticks. AB ate 2 sandwiches & we still had some left-over. It was a nice, refreshing summer lunch.

You can always buy already cooked chicken or if you would like to bake your own, here is how I baked my chicken:

Wash all the pieces, pat dry. Lay pieces in a deep casserole dish and season with Nature's Seasonings. (it is a yellow & blue bottle & can be find in the spice aisle) Add roughly chopped celery and onions. Drizzle with olive oil and bake at 350 until chicken is done (about 45 minutes depending on how many pieces you have).

No comments:

Post a Comment