Monday, July 12, 2010

Fun Girls

This past weekend, we had so much fun! My brother, sister-in-law, & my 2 nieces came to spend the night with us. They were headed to the beach (almost a 6 hour drive) & asked if they could spend Saturday night with us to cut the time in the car. We happily said yes!

They arrived Saturday afternoon and left Sunday afternoon. My two nieces are just the cutest little girls ever! And they loved being and playing at Nonnie's. Mind you Nonnie's & Uncle Allen's house is NOT kid friendly. Ha! Saturday afternoon, the girls played in my sewing room. Lots of stuff to get into there! Aubrey even wanted me to teach her how to sew!! I was so excited! She did a great job pushing the foot pedal for me and feeding fabric through the machine. I think she definitely needs a sewing machine for Christmas. Shaylee loved playing in all my fabric. She thought Nonnie had yards & yards of blankets! Ha! It was too cute!


Saturday night, we headed to downtown to grab dinner. We decided to take them to the traditional San Antonio thing - the Riverwalk! We went to Casa Rio to eat & it was delicious. And crowded!! There was a waiting line for the hostess stand. But luckily we didn't have to wait more than 30 minutes for our table & we even got to eat outside. The girls enjoyed watching all the river boats go by & Aubrey really enjoyed people watching. Ha, she cracks me up!

And oh how Miss Aubrey LOVES animals! She is a total animal lover! She held & played with Coco just about every chance she could. And Coco did not mind all the attention, kisses, and playtime. AB kept telling my brother that Aubrey needs her own little Pomeranian. Maybe one day soon she'll her own little lap-dog.

Can we say someone is sassy?!

Believe it or not, she is a lot like her Nonnie - when I was this age. I think it's adorable :)
And let's not forget sweet Shaylee! Oh she has such a sweet spirit! And she loves shoes, I mean really loves them! She loved playing in my closet trying on all my shoes. Ha, talk about melt my heart!

And being our model, showing off her new outfit Nonnie made her.

We had a great time with them here. I wish we didn't live so far apart. But I am looking forward to many more fun visits!

No comments:

Post a Comment