Monday, July 5, 2010

Day Trip

I hope everyone had a happy & safe 4th of July!

Picture taken while in the Ozark National Forest

We sure did. AB & I spent the day together and had a wonderful time. For dinner, we went to Longhorn (where they have some of the most delicious burgers in town) for a good ol' classic American hamburger. I somewhat cheated and got a turkey burger since I am really trying to watch what I eat. Then we headed over to La Cantera where we watched the free Fiesta Texas fireworks show. And oh my! We were not the only people in town who had this idea. Cars were bumper to bumper, mall parking lot full, & trucks lined the median. God was in our favor, watching out for us & we got an awesome spot just 15 minutes before show time. I don't think we could have picked a more perfect spot to watch the fireworks. And the weather was also perfect. Not to mention I could smell all the mesquite tress & other hill country smells - it was a perfect hill country 4th of July!

And today AB has off so we are taking a day trip to Fredericksburg to hike Enchanted Rock. I am so excited! I will be sure to take lots of photos and do lots of shopping while there. Fredericksburg is an old German town filled with lots of great food & shops. One of my favorite lil' Texas hot-spots!

No comments:

Post a Comment