Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012

So I've never been much of a Halloween person.  Not that I have anything against it, just not something I really get in to.  But let me tell you, now that I'm a mom it's a whole different ballgame.
Probably one of the best things about being a parent, is seeing the world and things through you child's eyes.  It's something I thought about before having kids, but definitely something you don't "get" until you have them.

Today was such a fun day and it brought me so much joy to see Halloween through Brady's eyes.  Yes, we celebrate Halloween but only for a fun dress up day.  It's a good, light-hearted family fun day.  Granted he really had no clue what was going on but none the less, it was still magical to me.  And I know it will only get more magical as he gets older.

We also had a fun mail day.  Mimi sent Brady a box full of clothes!  What a sweet mimi!!  Now if it would get cold, so we could enjoy them.


We started getting ready for Halloween around 5 this evening.  Daddy came home then, took a shower and started to get B. dressed and ready.  I on the other hand, waited until the last few minutes before it was time to go to embroider a trick-or-treat bag for him and   Miss Grace.  It donned on me earlier today that I had no bag for Brady's treats so while at Hobby Lobby I took care of that issue.  (I realize he technically can't eat the candy anyway but we still wanted to dress him up & take him out for the festivities)  And as one of the other moms in the our bible study said, "we clearly need the candy more than them!" ha!  I don't need it but might help calm my crazy.
Once we were all ready, we made a quick trip out to AB's parents and then to see Mrs. Sylvia, a sweet family friend.  We then raced home to wait for our good friends, Matt, Robyn, and Grace.  Grace is just over a year old and her and Brady have no choice but to be good friends.

 I must say I am pretty proud of my homemade costume.  Even if I did forget the knife for his belt...

 I was surprised at how well Peter kept his hat on.  Even though most people thought he was Robin Hood.

 Peter Pan with the best daddy ever!
  
 Us mommas with our sweet babies.  Peter Pan and Punk Rocker Girl

We finally made our way to our church for their trunk or treat.  It was nice because it wasn't that crowded and it was a quick trip through all the trunks.  And look at these sweet daddies with their babies...
 
  

There were some pretty creative trunks.  My favorite was a "cat lady" and a dog lady?  Grace and Brady both love to say "dog" so we let them get a free pet ;)
And I just had to get a picture of the cat lady...you can't tell from the picture but she has a bunch crawling up her legs.  And her arms and face were all scratched up (with fake scratches of course!)  They had a bunch of cat litter tubs and even had candy in a cat litter box.  It was too funny!  Pretty clever cat lady...
There was a lady with a real dog, which B. and G. loved!  Look at Brady's face...I think he is really unsure of the lady.  ha!

Afterwards, we went and had dinner.  Grace and Brady loved sitting by each other.  They tried feeding each other, shared goldfish, both raked all their food on the floor, and were just precious!  Honestly, I think they thought we were nuts dressing them up and taking them to get candy.  I'm so glad our friends joined us for a night of fun!

It was a wonderful evening and one I don't think I'll ever forget.  This is what makes life worth living...
 
"All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust." -Peter Pan

No comments:

Post a Comment