Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Family Reunion 2010

Each year my dad's side of the family gets together for some good, ol' fashioned family fun! Last weekend was our 2nd annual family reunion. This year the reunion was held at Camp Jellystone Park, while it was not the Frio river where it was held last year, it was still a lot of fun.

Jellystone is where Yogi Bear lives and so the park is all about Yogi & friends. Geared to children but us adults had fun too!

We all arrived Thursday afternoon and we all departed after a yummy lunch on Sunday. We spent most of the days sunbathing & playing in the water. Every night, we would all gather together for a huge meal. And Saturday night, we all sat around a campfire and made s'mores!

Some people brought their travel trailers and others rented cabins. It was the first time ALL my brothers and sister were under one roof in a long time. Plus we had my 2 nieces and nephew. There was about 10 of us in a teeny, tiny cabin. We had such a good time, laughing, cracking jokes, and just enjoying each other.

I adore my nieces and nephew so it was great to spend time with them. And they loved seeing and hanging out with their "Nonnie"

Beware of the overload of photos to come...

Heeeyyyy Boo-Boo!!! Maddox & I
Mimi & Shaylee - our water-bug, she loved the water!
She is too cute!
Yogi, Papa (my dad), & Madyson
My mom "MiMi" went down this slide lots of times with her grandbabies.
My nieces, Aubrey & Madyson sitting around after a long day at the pool.
Shaylee & I
All of my brothers, sister in-laws & nieces & nephew
Big ol slide...I went down it twice! A lot of fun but all the stairs to get up to the top, not so fun.
Yogi Bear's water park - where we spent 99% of our time
my Dad and his sister & brother: Aunt Rose Anna, & my Uncle Wesley

ALL of us! The Meador's & The Korenek's

We had a great time & can't wait for next year!


2 comments: