Sunday, December 11, 2011

38 Weeks

look at that belly - 0h my gosh!


How Far Along: 38 weeks
Size of baby: size of a mini watermelon - wow!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: 20 lbs
Gender: It's a BOY!!! Brady Allen
Maternity Clothes: dresses, tunics with leggings - my favorite - dress pants are now uncomfortable & really don't when I sit. Allen's workout shorts are my new best friends :)
Movement: yes but not as often as he was moving, I think he is running out of room!
Sleep: not sleeping all that well...wake up several times & sometimes stay up for a while
What I miss: being able to sit, lay comfortable & just being able to move around easily
Cravings: ice water - crushed ice
Symptoms: feet/ankles/legs swelling, fingers swelling (I can no longer wear my Aggie ring :( so sad!), have this horrible rash that itches like crazy, ahh!!
Best Moment this week: Doctor telling us that we will be having a baby next week! Eeekkk!!! So surreal...

Oh another wonderful story, I don't want to forget. Most morning I try to stop at the Shell station (Texas Star) for some hot chocolate. I've carved hot chocolate while I've been pregnant. There are always 2 ladies in there working the register. They are always so kind & cheerful. The lady who was ringing me up asked of course the typical oh when are you due? You look like you are about to have a baby any day now...I said yes ma'am, hopefully sooner than later but I am due December 23rd. She says "oh a Christmas miracle, how awesome is that?" I said yeah I'm pretty blessed. She said, "oh what a wonderful blessing. It is the best thing in the word!" She went on to tell me about her twins and how she has a boy & he is so much fun! She said well God bless you & your b baby & I hope everything goes well for you. I kindly thanked her and walked out to my car.

When I got into my car, tears filled my eyes! See that morning I just did not want to get out of bed...it was just one of those mornings. It was at that moment that I thought, it is amazing where God might show up! At the local gas station...while I'm buying hot chocolate...while I'm extremely late to work & stressed over being late...again! I felt so loved by that conversation by a lady I don't even know. I also thought once again, how awesome is it that yet another person shared in the joys of me having a baby. To me it was just another reminder that God never forgets about us...He shows up when we least expect Him to and in the most unusual places.

I wanted to go back & hug that lady - totally made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment