Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pinterest Cooking

Pinterest is my new best friend when it comes to preparing and planning meals for the week.  It's now my go-to place when I start planning our weekly meals.  Now that I am home with the baby, I actually have time to cook and I am loving it.

I thought I'd share with you all the recipes I have made thus far:

(click on the pictures to take you to the pin/recipe)

Baked Crispy Cheddar Chicken


AB and I loved this recipe, definitely one I'll be throwing into my week-night dinner rotation.  I highly recommend it.

Brown Sugar & Balsamic Glazed Pork-loin


AB really liked this.  I liked it too but mine did not look this caramelized.  Next time I will probably caramelize it in a skillet and then cook it in the oven.  I think the pork-loin I bought was injected with a lot of water because the crock-pot had lots of water in it - eww, not a fan of injected food.  But I will definitely make it again just tweak it a bit.

Chicken Fried Rice - minus the chicken


Our rice ended up being a little mushy but AB made it while I tended to Brady so I'm not sure what happened.  I will give it another shot and see if I can make it less mushy?  We also didn't have chicken in it because I was serving it along side this next recipe, which we LOVED!

Coconut Chicken with Apricot Sauce


Loved this recipe!  Easy and so delicious!  If you are a fan of coconut that is, which I love all things coconut!  I doubled the sauce recipe because we are some sauce-lovin' fools in this house...I am thinking this would be to die for if you used shrimp!  Yum!  This recipe is a winner-winner, chicken dinner!  Ha!

Sweet Baby Ray's Crockpot Chicken


This was good but it also did NOT look like the picture.  It was also rather runny too, I'm guessing too much water injected into the chicken?  Not sure...either way it was still good, I just had to add bbq sauce on it when I served it because the sauce it made was more like soup.  Ha!

Chicken Crescent Roll Casserole


I really liked this recipe, just had to cook mine longer since I used "big & fluffy" crescents.  This is another one I will make again.

Crockpot Beef Stroganoff


I actually wrote about this one here.  I've actually been craving this so it must be a keeper.

Autumn Chopped Salad


I made that salad for a work party...it was a big hit.  I thought it was really good myself.

Crispy Southwest Chicken Wraps


These were really good.  I added Rotel which made them have a bit of a kick.  But these would be even better with...

Chuy's Jalapeno Ranch Dip


So.Good.  Makes.a.ton.

Loaded Potato Soup


Also makes.a.ton.  I recommend you make it for a crowd or freeze what you don't eat.

And for dinner tonight, I am making...

Ranch Chicken
Source: google.com via Nancy on Pinterest


with Cracker Barrel Hashbrown Casserole


And that's why I love Pinterest.  So many great ideas/recipes.  If you are on Pinterest, you can "follow" me here.

Happy Pinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment