Wednesday, May 16, 2012

5 Months

*I will update with more pictures tomorrow when I upload the ones from the DSLR.
 
Brady, you are FIVE months old today!

You weigh 15 pounds.
You wear size 2 diapers.
You wear mostly 3-6m clothes, some 6m and 9m depending on the brand.
You are now 25 inches long.
You are still on Zantac two times a day for reflux.

And the big news!  You have ONE tooth that has finally come through on the bottom.  I thought I felt it on Sunday (Mother's day) but wasn't sure then daddy and I confirmed it on Monday.  You have been drooling, biting everything in sight for the last month or two so finally we have a tooth!  I know it won't be long before the other one on the bottom pops up!
I can't believe how much you are changing each and every day.  Or how much you have changed just from last month.  You are so much more aware of things.  We laugh because we call you "nosy rosy" because you always have to see what someone else is doing or look when they start talking.  You are really starting to take note of things and be more aware of your surroundings.  I am amazed most days at the things you are doing.  Like the other day when I was clapping, you tried to mimic me.  Such a smart boy!  You reach for everything!  You can pick up and grab just about anything you want and normally bring it to your mouth.






You have started laughing out loud and it is the SWEETEST sound in the whole wide world!  I can normally get you to laugh by tickling you or "getting your kisses" around your neck.  Talk about dying and going to heaven on earth.  You also love when momma sings to you. 
 
You still love bath time.  During the day, if you are having a rough day and won't nap, I'll put you in the bathtub and you just perk right up.

You are still nursing every few hours.  You have started taking more bottles while we are out and about but still only take a bottle every once in awhile.  We also started giving you water in your own sippy/bottle cup. 


You have really found your voice and you babble so much.  You will just talk and talk to us.  Normally when we are out in public, you love to squeal loud, really loud!  When we talk to you, you just light up, smile, and babble back.

You try to break your neck to watch TV (I know a 60" tv doesn't help!!!) so we have started turning the TV off when you are in the room.  You always want our phones too - Lord, help us!

During tummy time, I put you on your tummy and you almost immediately roll over to your back.  You still love being on your play mat and in the mornings you enjoy it while looking out the window.

You love to be outside.  You have already taken your first swim!  You also love to watch the trees/leaves in the wind.

Sophie is your best friend.  And you take a pacifier but really only in the car.  Which we are so thankful for because without it, car rides would be miserable!  You are getting better in the car and have started falling asleep while riding.  If you are over-tired, there is NOTHING we can do, you will just have a screaming/crying fight in your seat. 

You sleep wonderfully at night.  But you love to sleep face down...we are always trying to get you to move your head, ha!  Our night-time routine is bath between 8:30 and 9, we read a few books, then it's one last feeding where you fall asleep.  You sleep until 3 or 4am for a quick feeding then it's back to sleep until 7 or 8.  Daddy normally brings you to me if he is still here and then we snuggle/nurse until 9ish...some mornings you sleep in with me or I put you back in your crib so I can go back to sleep.  Nap time is a whole other story...you refuse to take a nap!  You scream/cry/get so angry/turn red - just flat out not sleep.  Even though you did take 2 really long naps yesterday and today so I'm hoping we are on the up hill side of napping.

You are still so happy in the mornings!  In the morning is when you happily sit in the exersaucer or lay on your play mat.

You have also started coughing...a totally fake cough.  Ha, you are so funny!!!  I love it!

Your nicknames are Brady B., B., and babee boy.

To my sweet Brady,
I can't even begin to describe the love I/we have for you!  And how it grows so much each and every day.  Your daddy and I adore you!  You have started giving kisses and oh my so sweet!  You will grab my face with both hands and just open mouth kiss my face/nose/cheek.  Talk about melt.my.heart!  You also will reach out for momma.  You definitely love your momma and daddy.  I love that you are a momma's boy but also love that you love your daddy the way you do.  I know I can leave you with him and you two will have a great time, that makes me so happy!  Your daddy adores you!  He loves to sing to you (that is y'alls thing), rock you to sleep, and take you for rides.  There are so many things I want you to know as you grow up.  I pray daily that you will grow up to have a heart for Jesus, a giving heart and that He will use you for his kingdom.  I often wonder about what you will be when you grow up.  I know you are going to be incredibly smart and talented and while I don't want you to grow up, I am excited to see where this life will take you.  These past five months have been the absolute best and I am so very proud to be your momma!  I love watching you grow.  I wish I could bottle you up, you are so sweet!  I thank God everyday for picking me to be your mom...greatest honor ever!
Love your biggest cheerleader and fan, your momma :)



No comments:

Post a Comment