Wednesday, May 2, 2012

To Austin and back...

Yesterday, we had a fun day!  We got up super early (6:30ish) for us and got ready to hit the road to Austin.

AB had some "business" to do there and we decided to tag along for the day.  Don't get me wrong, I had anxiety over the trip since I never know how a 4 month old will be, especially during a 3 hour drive there and back.  But I decided not to let "my fears" control me and just go with it...and I am so glad I did.

We had a wonderful day!  Brady did amazing and we got to spend some good quality time together as a family.  Just doesn't get much better than that.

And one would think I would be worn-out from the trip but actually the trip did me so good.  Okay, a whole lot of good.  I have been feeling so tired and worn-down these last few weeks and yesterday I was able to get out, clear my head and just take in life.

I came back feeling refreshed and ready to take on the next week...

The trip must have been good for Brady too because he only woke up once during the night and then woke up for his morning feeding around 7am then went back down until a little after 11.  I think that is the most, decent sleep I've gotten since he's been born.  So yay!

I know who would have guessed?  Definitely not me and I am thanking my Lord for a fresh, renewed spirit.

Brady saying "Gig 'em!" in his sleep!  Be still my little Aggie heart :)

We had lunch at Mimi's Cafe...I've heard good things about the place but was kind of disappointed.  AB and I said, "well we can say we give it a shot!"  Maybe it was what we ordered.  Everyone seemed to be ordering breakfast and we had lunch??

I also did some shopping, mostly window shopping while AB was at his meeting.  I drove to this area of Austin where there were shops galore!  Pretty much every store you can think of.  If I only had loads of money to spend...I did get some shorts, a new pool towel, and a picture frame from Marshall's.  I found some shoes I really wanted in DSW but decided against spending the money.



B and I then just hung out, mostly because I was too scared to venture out too far in the big city, ha!  We had fun singing, laughing, and chatting while we waited for daddy.  He amazes me everyday with what he is able to do...but more on that later in a different post.


We took a different way home then how we went, all so AB could stop and eat in the bbq capital of Texas.  We ate at Black's BBQ's in Lockhart, home of giant beef ribs.  AB opted for regular ribs and I got a chopped beef sandwich with onions & pickles, my favorite.  The way home ended up being such a nice drive.  It was all mostly county roads, the sun was going down over all the fields, and wildflowers everywhere.  Brady slept most of the way and AB and I talked and listened to music...it was wonderful and just what my soul needed.  Okay, the real sugar Dr. Pepper and fried chocolate pie also helped :)

It's days like these that make me want to pinch myself...no my life isn't that glamorous, we don't have a ton of money, but we sure do have a rich, blessed, abundant life!  And that my friends is priceless!

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
    for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning;
    great is your faithfulness. 
Lamentations 3:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment