Sunday, January 12, 2014

Our weekend

Back to the ol' blogging about life...this may be insanely boring to you but I want to remember these days in years to come so here goes...

Our weekend was nothing exciting, but definitely well lived.  Friday was a busy day! 

We had music class Friday morning at churhc (which I teach) then rushed into town to meet daddy for lunch.  With a few people from his work.  It was one of the guys that AB works with birthday and so we celebrated over a little hot wings!  B was such a good boy, considering it took almost an hour for our food to arrive.  Since I was in town I decided to make a quick Sam's run since our church nursery needed snacks.  B and I hit up Sam's then ran by Bed, Bath & Beyond to look for a new trash can.

Which why in the world are they 100 plus dollars????

And of course I decided we better make a Starbucks run while we were only a few minutes from one.  This is always a risky ordeal because B normally screams for a drink, when all I want is to enjoy my iced latte.  I didn't to take the risk...and the stars aligned as he fell asleep while waiting in the drive-thru line.  Only to drive away with the wrong drink...basically there was no caramel or vanilla in my caramel macchiato.  I know, a tragedy!

Womp, womp.

I decided I'd take a drive down to Ocean Dr. to sit and sip my disgusting iced coffee and have a little quiet time.  All was well. 

 
I was enjoying my time.  Just me, the bay, and surprisingly it wasn't crazy windy that day so I was able to roll down the windows and take it all in.
Then the bottom fell out.  Story of my life.  Let me just say apparently the park is where people come to do drugs and take their cat for a walk.  Yep, you read that right.  Take a cat for a walk.  Almost make the drugs deal not seem so abnormal???

Don't worry, I snapped a picture. 


Because I thought to myself...I couldn't make this stuff up even if I tried.

Then I caught myself listening to a Miley Cryus song and actually liked it.  Who am I???  During all my people watching, Brady woke up and so I decided we'd just open the sunroof, let in a little sunshine (after days and days of cold & rain) and cruise.


He loved looking at all the "boats and fishes" and of course loved listening to his favorite  song "Rock!" aka "Wagon Wheel."  What's not to love about that???  After that we headed home & waited for daddy!!!

Saturday:
I decided I wanted to go into town for our local farmers market.  So we got up and all headed into town for a little family time.  We stopped by the local farmers market for some soap, hummus, salsa, and hair stuff.  Totally random stuff, right?  Afterwards, we went to my favorite Mexican restaurant for breakfast.  It was good, but I'm still regretting just not getting enchiladas for breakfast! ;)

We then went by Target to look for a board game & get B this dog guitar that we've been wanting to get him since before Christmas.  It is VERY rare that we ever buy him toys!  Between his birthday and Christmas, we just go into toy overload!!!!  Purging is always a must and I almost decided against getting the guitar (again) because it I am so over stuff.  Of any kind.  More about that maybe another day.  We didn't find a board game at Target so we ran to Toys R Us to look then came home.


B napped while we caught up on Scandal.  We decided to go to eat pizza for dinner.  Yum!

Sunday:
We went to church then Sunday school, then went and met some friends for lunch.  After lunch, we all came home and took a glorious 3 hour nap!  I wasn't even ready to wake up.  I love my sleep and these late nights staying up watching movies needs to stop.


I got up and started tidying up the house because B's new and first babysitter was coming over to introduce herself to him.  Y'all this is a big deal to a momma!

At least this momma anyway.  I can't believe we are at hiring a babysitter stage.

We need a babysitter for Tuesday night and we found the most precious girl who happens to live a few houses down.  She's also the reigning beauty queen for our local county livestock show.  Ha, yes a real live princess Sophia.  Hahaha!  She came over and spent about an hour and B finally warmed up to her towards the end of her visit.  I think they will be just fine Tuesday night!

So nothing exciting, but definitely a great weekend.  I love being able to spend time with my family on the weekends, without having to worry with orders!!!!  I am so enjoying just living life.  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment