Sunday, February 1, 2009

Dog or Child?


Reno, dog or child?

We have a precious three and half year old Pomeranian, Reno! I had never owned a dog until I brought Reno in the spring of 2006. Reno is the second pet I have ever had in my life and I'm 26 years old. December of 2004, Lucy my cat of 23 years passed away of old age. She went through my childhood with me, my teenage years, and also my college years...she was the absolute BEST cat on this earth! But knowing I couldn't replace her with another cat, I opted to get a dog instead. Reno was a steal of a deal and it was definitely the best $100 I've ever spent! He brings me and Allen so much joy! Who knew a black fur-ball could bring someone so much love, joy, & happiness...I happened to be going through some old photos on the computer and came across these. Reno is definitely a momma's boy and while Allen can't wait to have a REAL baby one day- we have really enjoyed having Reno as our first baby (fur-baby, of course!) But I do believe Reno would consider himself our child...and not our dog!

Having a lil' vino w/ momma

Father & son bonding, I think they're in deep conversation

Kisses for momma

Ready for game day!

Reno says, Mom, I'll just sit here...

Reno & Mallard (his security blanket) this means "I'm ready for bed!!"

I now truly understand the statement: "A dog is a man's (woman's) best friend!"

"Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement." -Snoppy



No comments:

Post a Comment