Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Proverbs 16:9

"A man's heart plans his way, but the LORD directs his steps."
Proverbs 16:9 NKJV

"We plan the way we want to live, but only God makes us able to live it."

Proverbs 16:9 The Message

I saw this verse today and wow it hit me like a TON of bricks! It was like one of those "Ohhh, I think I get it..." moments. I have seen this verse many times before but never like I did today. This morning on my way to work, I was doing my usual morning prayer while listening to KSBJ and lately my prayers have been mostly about THE FUTURE! Since Allen and I really have no idea what is in store for our future come May, and it has been actually very overwhelming for me and why I'm really not sure. I mean of course I know everything happens for a reason, things will work, etc - you know the normal things you tell yourself for assurance! BUT nothing reassured me the way Proverbs 16:9 did. When I say "it hit me like a ton of bricks!" - I mean it was like ton of peace came over me and I think I'm finally starting to understand...

You see...our future is NOT up to what Allen and I want but more of what God wants for us! Of course, we have a perfect picture in our hearts/minds of what we WANT it to look like but that does not mean that is what it will actually be. My prayer should not be for a certain job in a certain city/location BUT instead my prayer should be: Lord, lead us in the direction/place/job that YOU want us to go! It is so easy to get caught up in what we want, when really life is about fulfilling our duties here on earth according to God's will and the plan He has for us! I know think to myself...how foolish and selfish have I been in regards to the future! I truly believe when we finally allow God to be in control, things will simply fall into place. And probably even better than we thought :) See because the Lord does not want us to have the "average" things in life but the BEST things in life! But as humans (including myself) we often make this process so painful due to our lack of "letting go and letting God!"
Thank you Lord for opening my heart & eyes to what YOU have in store for us...a future that I'm sure is beyond anything I could ever imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment