Saturday, February 21, 2009

Gig 'em Aggies!!


Thumbs UP Ags!


Whoop! :)

Today Allen and I attended our very first Texas Aggie women's basketball game! One of my very special students, Skylett raised $100 for Jump Rope for Heart and received 2 FREE tickets to the basketball game...Texas Aggies vs. Texas Longhorns. I was able to get 2 more tickets so Skylett's brother, DeMarcus and Allen (Mr. Beyer) joined us! I picked up Skylett & DeMarcus up around 10:45 this morning, we went to the game then took them to Double Dave's for a buffet pizza lunch. Afterward, they did NOT want to go home so I spent the day w/ them...we went to the mall to see the puppies in The Puppy Store, got Skylett some play make-up at Clarie's, went to Wendy's for a frosty (yum!), then to Pet Co to look at the animals and get DeMarcus a collar & leash for his dog. We then stopped by the house very quickly so they could see Reno and finally around 6 this evening I dropped them off...WOW!! It was very long day for and who knew that a 9 year-old and 10 year-old could be so exhausting! Skylett & DeMarcus have a very interesting story...they live with their adoptive 70 year-old parents (who are not related to them in anyway, they took these 2 children in after they were dropped off on their front porch w/ simply just the clothes they had on). They do the best they can...which is not much since the mother & father solely live off their social security checks. Those 2 children have endured MORE in the small 9 & 10 years they have lived...then we could ever imagine! While today was very tiring, it is a very small price for me to pay to help make a difference in their lives! You will see more of Skylett since she is starting her very first season of SOFTBALL! I plan on going to most of her games, so I'll be sure & post photos of her in action. :)
I thought I would share a few photos of our day out together...and WHOOP the Aggies did btho t.u.!

DeMarcus excited...but was rooting for the "other" team!

Miss Skylett looking very cute in her Aggie shirt!

Mrs. Beyer & Skylett :)

Whoop for Mr. Beyer being so kind and buying us lunch! :)

WHOOP for an Aggie win!!

No comments:

Post a Comment