Sunday, February 15, 2009

The simple things...


Allen took these beautiful photos of my tulips today - as they were sitting in the window sill. It was beautiful outside today! I opened up all the windows, put all the blinds up, and sewed to the sound of birds chirping. It was so peaceful! My tulips were loving all the sunshine!

Beautiful!!!

We have a stray kitty that we feed...just breaks my heart to know an animal is hungry! And he or she is getting a little more brave all the time OR just very hungry and is not bothered by us humans. I normally put food out at night and by morning most of it or all of it is gone but lately I have been forgetting so I put some out there this morning when I opened up all the windows. This afternoon I was sewing while Allen went to the movies, it was very quiet (no TV on, no music, just the sound of birds chirping and kids playing at the pool - yeah it was nice today but NOT pool going weather) and I noticed Reno looking out the blinds onto the patio - he also very quiet! So I decided to see what had caught his eye...it was our stray kitty! Just eating away...so I grabbed the camera and started snapping pictures of him/her. Kitty didn't not even move, just continued to eat. I have a very special in my heart for animals and it just warmed my heart to know that kitty was not going to go hungry today or tomorrow...
Reno & I just sat and watched him/her for about 10 minutes, Reno never even barked, growled, nothing...he just sat and admired the kitty with me! :) The kitty looked at both of us a few times and it was as if he/she was saying "thank you for taking care of me even though you don't even know me or own me." May sound silly but it totally makes me think....God takes care of each and every one of us regardless of where we've been, where we might be headed, whether we live in a alley (like my little alley cat) or a nice home - none of those things really matter! The other thing too is that I buy the cheapest cat food possible (simply because we can't afford much more) but that kitty has never seemed to mind and that also makes me think. Geez, do we really have to live our lives with all the nicest, finest of things...don't get me wrong, I love nice things & designer things (when I can afford them) but just think if we lived as that kitty does - simply happy just to have a full belly, regardless of the brand of cat food I serve him. That's the wonderful thing about animals, God's creatures...they are so very simple and so thankful for the simple things. Think if we humans lived our lives like this, just simply thankful for the simple things in life...needing no more or less.


Simple days are so few & far between with our busy lives but today I had just a simple day! It was so nice to notice the simple things and small things that life has to offer - like my beautiful tulips, our little alley cat, the warm sunshine, birds chirping, sewing, and children laughing & playing.


How much more compassionate and accepting would we be...not just towards man kind but to all kind, if we took time to notice God's beauty...His true beauty that is all around us!

"The Lord is gracious and full of compassion...the Lord is good to all, and His tender mercies (compassion are over all His works."

Psalm 145: 8-9


No comments:

Post a Comment