Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Randomness

I have really been falling down on the job...blogging job that is. Well, here is what I've been up to lately...

I took a long-term assistant position at a local elementary school and it is kicking my booty. I am not used to working ALL day, ha! I know that sounds awful but it is the truth. And not to mention, I am with 18 first graders ALL day! I go to recess, lunch, & specials (music/PE) with them. Wears me out! Plus I've been trying to workout everyday after work and so getting on the computer is the last thing I want to do at the end of my day.

But lucky for me...I am done in 2 days!!!! Woohoo!!! Summer will officially begin and then it means back to work, sewin'!

I have also been slightly addicted to these lately...

I know horrible...considering it is never good to sit & eat a whole bag of chips! Baked or non-baked!

Allen and I went hiking again yesterday. I am really becoming a fan of hiking. Who knew?! Even AB said he was impressed with my adventurous mood. The trail we went on yesterday was one of the toughest we've done yet but so far, it's my favorite.

Here are a few pics from our Memorial Day hike



Can't wait to go hiking at Enchanted Rock in Fredericksburg. Hopefully we will go sometime in July - since our June is booked solid. Something planned every weekend...bummer! Will make the month go by fast but I really enjoy having nothing to do or no "set plans" on the weekends.

And we have some super-fun summer vacations plans! Us and another couple are heading to northern Arkansas for a getaway. We have rented a "chalet" or cabin in the Ozarks - as well as a boat for a day on Lake Norfolk. We are so excited!!!!
And it will be a much needed vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment