Sunday, June 20, 2010

While I'm Waiting

**I originally wrote this post back in June of 2010 - it just never got posted**

In our most trying times, I think we are always so focused in what is to come or what is next.

Almost two weeks ago, I was on my way home from a day trip when all of a sudden - the wind started to pick up, the rain started to hit my windshield, and my windshield wipers were going as fast as they could but yet I barely see what was in front of me. I slowed down to about 45 MPH, which is slow when you are just ready to be home. For almost 20 miles, it was heavy rains, bad winds, thunder, and heavily watered roadways. I started to feel anxious, frightened, and frustrated. Then it accrued to me, as I blared my praise and worship music (mostly because the rain was so loud) that this is what it must feel like to clearly be within a storm. But not just any old storm...one of those raging storms of life.

I could not see more than 10 or 15 feet in front of me. Cars were stopped on the sides of the roads and others traveled with their flashers on. Flashing as a caution to others, to make it aware they were on the road. While clinching my steering wheel and praying for a safe trip home, God started to share His view with me through my windshield. Driving through the storm was scary but as God reminded me that storms don't last forever. Soon I would be on dry road and I would be able to see clearly all that was around me. But while during that storm, I needed to really focus on the promises of His word and not on the storm. I needed to allow Him to take a hold of my steering wheel and steer me in the direction to go. It is not up to me or you to figure how long the storm may last. But it is our job to remain faithful and obedient during those storms. To keep driving, keep praying, keep seeking Him.

Lots of times in our lives, we clearly can not see where we may be headed or what direction a certain path is taking us. But just because we can't see beyond the storm, doesn't mean the storm will not end.

Seasons of life can be raging storms or they can be beautiful, sunny days. It is what we do during those seasons that make the difference.

God uses seasons and storms in our lives to mold us, shape us into the person He wants us to become. Not the person you think you should become or be. He also uses seasons to draw us closer to Him. He longs for us to call out to Him and to ask him for help.

Really this whole process of living, is not about us. It is about the Him. He created us to be like Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment