Tuesday, June 1, 2010

One Year Later

Today marks a year that we have been in San Antonio. Actually...yesterday was a year to the date. And I remember the day as if it was yesterday.

My car completely FULL of stuff, the curb full of stuff that I could not fit in my car, & well a whole bunch (I mean a ton) of tears as I turned our apartment key in and saw Kyle Field disappear in my rear-view mirror.

And truth be known, I still cry every time I go and leave Aggieland.

Our first night in San Antonio was well adventurous to say the least. Actually our first 3 months here in SA were more than adventurous. RV living is not for the faint of heart. How my mother did it all those years with FOUR kids - is beyond me! She is a much stronger and braver woman than me.

I could go on for hours about our year here in San Antonio but it's really something I don't want to go into at the moment and I'm sure you don't want to read a novel.

I will just say that this year has been one of the most trying and difficult years I have ever had to face. Struggles I never thought I would have to face or things I never knew could happen to little ol' me. Happened and I faced them. But yet while it has been one of the most difficult, it has also been one of the most humbling.

I have learned so many things about myself, about my relationship with others, about just how strong or not strong I really am.

Moving to San Antonio for us was a chance or a new life, new adventures, and the beginning of a new chapter.

Amazing how much or how little (whichever way you want to look at it) can happen in a year.

One year later, I have realized regardless of what our plan is...more than likely that is not His plan.

But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD,
whose confidence is in him.

He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."

Jeremiah 17: 7-8


No comments:

Post a Comment