Monday, April 30, 2012

Catching up...

So there are lots of things I've wanted to blog about but I haven't really had much free time on my hands and when I do I try to spend my time cleaning house, doing laundry, or eating breakfast or lunch, ha!  Or I am just plain too tired to get on the computer.

Brady is keeping me busy, busy these days!  I can't imagine what it's going to be like once he's mobile...

So this post is going to be all over the place and mostly for our memories/record book.

A little over a week ago (April 19th), we went to a gender reveal dinner for some of our closet friends.  We were so excited to find out that they were expecting & even more excited to find out they are having a BOY!  Brady and Carter will be best of friends.  AB and Jones have been friends since they were little boys and now they will have their own boys growing up together.  We can't wait to meet baby Carter and take family vacations together!
Excited mom and dad!

It's a BOY!!!!

Brady fell asleep during the cupcake reveal but he says "yeah for blue!" haha

Did you eat a bird?! ;)
I had to take the dogs to the groomers last week...they were wayyy over due.  I ended up getting them a summer cut, as a lion cut.  Ha!  It was interesting taking 2 dogs with a baby in the backseat...Coco decided she should ride with Brady in his seat.
Loaded up, ready to go
Last week while waiting for the dogs to get groomed, we had a lunch date with Miss Grace and momma Robyn.  She is a little over 2 months older than Brady and just precious!  She would just giggle at Brady and reach out for him.  And of course, I always enjoy chatting with Robyn.  Much needed girl talk and mommy time out :)


Look how sweet Grace is and look at Brady...hahaha!  I told him it's not nice to cry on dates!
Last Friday was a bit of a dramatic one.  I found a baby bird Thursday on our back patio...it literally had just hatched.  I hate seeing animals, birds, insects, anything suffer but I wasn't sure how I could help it.  Thanks to Google, I made it a make-shift nest and put it back near the nest I thought it came from.  Some little swallows built a nest behind one of the speaker boxes right by our french doors so I was guessing it came from there...well after a few hours the "mom and dad" did not rescue the poor thing so when AB got home he just dropped it back in the nest.  Well...the next day...I found it on the patio again but this time dead!  I was sooo sad!!  AB said since they didn't care to take care of their own child they can no longer "nest" here anymore!  Haha so I guess the nest will be knocked down after summer.

And to top off the bad news, we found out that AB's beloved dog, II (Deuce) had to be put down.  He got Deuce while in college so maybe 8 or 9 years ago.  It was a sad day!  So to try to cheer us all up, we decided to go out to dinner Friday then did some shopping.  Of course, it wouldn't be a night out without a blow-out diaper and a flat tire on the stroller.  Ah, life is funny!

Last week, we went out to the field to see daddy and go for a tractor ride.  Always puts him to sleep...


Look at those thighs!!
We had a pretty low key weekend, which was much needed.  Saturday morning, AB took Brady shopping for my mother's day gift so I had the morning to myself.  I made a trip to Wal-Mart and cleaned house in between making king ranch chicken and sopapilla cheesecake for a good friend of mine who recently had her baby almost 3 months early!
Dressed by daddy and ready for a day out with him :)
And random but Brady recently started taking a pacifier...sometimes.  He keeps wanting to suck his thumb which I'm trying to discourage and amazingly he has started taking a pacifier.

He has also started noticing the dogs more...

Well, I think that some what catches me up on what's been going on...I can't believe tomorrow will be May!!

No comments:

Post a Comment