Tuesday, June 19, 2012

6 Months

Brady, you turned SIX months old on Saturday!  Half a year old...I can't believe it.

Here is what you are up too...

-You weigh 16lbs
-You are about 25 inches long
-You are still nurse, you eat about every 4 hours
-You wear size 3 diapers
-You wear 6-9m clothes

You have started eating rice cereal and so far we have tried carrots and peas.  You love carrots, you could take or leave peas.  You normally eat a vegetable (1oz) with cereal for breakfast and then 2oz of veggies with cereal for dinner.  We also tried teething biscuits for the first time almost 2 weeks ago.  You loved it!  Mommy not so much, too messy!



A typical day for you is you get up around 8am, eat breakfast, play for a bit then you are ready for a nap about an hour and half after waking up.  You nap for about an hour then up again to eat, play, and then you MIGHT take another nap in the afternoon.  I try to get you to take another nap late afternoon, but I'm not always successful.  Around 7pm, we either go for a walk or maybe go for a swim if daddy is home.  Just before 8pm, we will feed you carrots or peas with cereal then it's time for a bath.


You still love bath time!  Totally relaxes you.  After bath, daddy may read you a book or sing you a song but really all you want is mommy.  I nurse you and anywhere between 9 and 9:30 you drift off to sleep.

I wish I could say you are a great sleeper but that's just not the case.  There for a while you would fight, scream, cry during nap-time.  Practically refusing to take a nap.all.day.long.  Those were really long days!  But thankfully, it seems we have turned a corner and you are back to napping twice a day.  As far as sleeping through the night, you have ONCE!  And by sleeping through the night, I'm talking a 6 hour stretch.  Typically at night you wake up usually between 1 and 2am, nurse and go right back to sleep.  You then wake up again to nurse somewhere around 5 or 6, back to sleep until 8.  Sometimes I put you in bed with me and you'll sleep another hour or so.

You have the sweetest, funniest personality!!!  I think you are going to be such a funny little boy!  But you also have a very inquisitive side.  You love to study things/people.  I can't wait to see where your little personality takes you.  I love all the different faces you make and just think you are too funny!  You also love to talk.  We are afraid once you start talking, you aren't going to stop.  Just like your momma, daddy says ;)  Sometimes you will just talk to us like you are really telling us something.  Oh, we could just eat you up!!


During the day, you like to play in the exersaucer, the jumperoo, and on the floor.  But you still would rather be held :)  As soon as I put you on the floor, you immediately roll over and start scooting your way around.  I know it won't be long before you on the move!  Mommy and daddy are not ready for that...I also put you on the play mat and come back to find you no where near the mat.


You have gotten so much better in the car.  You actually like getting out and about, which I am so thankful for.  As long as you have a paci, the car is a-ok!  Sometimes you get your best naps while we are out running around.

People are always amazed at what a good baby you are.  Daddy jokes about how you are so good in public, but a little toot at home.  You love to smile at people when they talk to you and compliment on your beautiful blue eyes.





Brady, we can't imagine life without you!  You bring us so much joy and happiness!!  Just when I think I can't love you anymore, you do something that makes me love you even more.  I think this is such a fun stage.  I love watching you grow and explore this big ol' world.  These past six months have been the best months of our lives.  We pray that you will grow up to be confident, have a heart for Jesus, and that you will be accomplish great things!  There are days I still can't believe that God gave us you, our sweet precious angel.  Momma and daddy love you more than life itself!


Happy half birthday sweet baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment