Thursday, June 28, 2012

Commenting Challenge: Day 2 and 3

So I realized late last night that I hadn't followed through with this commenting challenge...oops!  Life happens...but I'm here now playing catch-up.

Day 2:  About this blog, why I blog, how I got started, etc...

I started blogging shortly after I got married (summer of 2008).  I had recently quit my job as a sales rep and had lots of free time on my hands.  I also really wanted to learn how to sew so I started looking for sewing/crafting blogs.  Oh my, there are a ton!  My husband was in grad school and so we lived far from family, so I then started blogging as a way for our families to keep up with us.

It has evolved over the years.  I blog for many reasons.  It's a great way to family and friends to keep up with us.  I like to blog about recipes.  It's also like therapy for me in ways.  Sometimes I have my most "ah-ha" moments while blogging.  There are times I use it as an outlet to get out my frustrations and fears I have about this crazy life.

I love to blog about life in general.  Now that I have a baby, I use it as a way to document his milestones and life.  It's mostly about me, my life, and just a bit of random-ness thrown in.  I often think no one ever reads this silly thing, and that I'm just sending my life out into cyber-space but I also hope I can use my blog to help or inspire, which is why often I'll do a post about what God might revealing to me during a certain season in my life.

Day 3:  Social media & other sites

Lately, I've been obsessed with Instagram.  I could NOT wait until they launched the droid version on the app.  I love it and use it all day long!  I'm mrsnancyb if you want to follow me.

I also recently joined Twitter.  I'll admit that I put it off for such a long time because I didn't really understand it and thought it was just ehhh, I don't know.  I don't know why I waited so long because I like it so much better than Facebook. So much better and less clutter than Facebook.  I'm now NancyPants_05

So about Facebook.  I've had Facebook since the dawn of time it seems.  Going on almost 10 years.  I joined back in the day when you had to a college email address to even join.  Oh I miss those days!  I use Facebook to keep up with family and friends, therefore I keep my profile private.  But I do have a business FB page, Honey B. Boutique.

Like many others, I'm a Pinterest junkie!  I mostly use it for recipes and I've found some really great ones that you can see here.

Other sites - For online shopping, I like Zulily, Amazon, Etsy and endless.com for shoes!  Free shipping & your shoes always arrive in 1-2 days!

I do have a Google+ account/profile but I'm not really sure how to use it, other than for photos.  But I do looove me some Google reader.  That's how I read the majority of my blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment